What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

bruno

I have a massive soft spot for this band. Described as the 'metal' Beatles - they have a massive back catelogue of great songs. One day I shall do some covers of their songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6TQKepv_2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FmLAU_Vq_Y

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

i have been trying to learn how to play this on the guitar today. no joy as yet. but what a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1R00oSfew
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

ODH

Oldrottenhead

is that not liliput, i recall having a punk compilation of swedish and dutch and various other european punk bands back in the day, and i think liliput where the most successful of thae bands included, wish i could remember the name of the album it was awesome. gawd that brings back memories. cheers for that nick.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 23, 2013, 03:20:40 PMis that not liliput, i recall having a punk compilation of swedish and dutch and various other european punk bands back in the day, and i think liliput where the most successful of thae bands included, wish i could remember the name of the album it was awesome. gawd that brings back memories. cheers for that nick.

Started off as Kleenex, had to change their name to Lilliput after pressure from the people that make Kleenex tissues.  There was one John Peel show in 1978 where I recorded this then immediately after was Give Me Everything by Magazine.  They both remain as two of my favorite and most important songs.  Massive landmark for me that night.  I still have the tape though.

I'd love to hea that European punk comilation.  Peel was playing a lot of German punk and post-punk at the time. I recorded some tracks but I was in the habit of not recording the speaking so I have no idea who the bands are.  Some great music in Europe at the time.  I've spent quite a lot of time over the years trying to find out who those bands are.

Oldrottenhead

i had a double decker ghetto blaster. i would tape the entire peel show every night then transfer my fave songs to another c90 cassette. i still have the tapes all the way from a to w. i dont have a cassette player tho.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

tafka

and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...