What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

hewhoiscalledj

John Butler Trio - "Good Excuse"

this guy/band is incredible. he does lots of crazy 12 string acoustic guitar  stuff (disotortion and highgain amps in some songs.) kind of DMB in flavor... good stuff to listen to while driving in traffic.

Geir

Lately I've listen mostly to whatever is posted here. Tuesday was Witchita's latest post (solo and collabs w/ Kody & AC) Yesterday I started on ORH ... and man , there's lots and lots of good stuff there .... 
And that's just a couple of you guys!! I've spent a lot of time listening to much of what is posted here ....

Except from that:
Last couple of months: Marit Larsen (wonderful young Norwegian artist), Feist, Alison Krauss and Frank Zappa.

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Migs

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on April 29, 2009, 04:54:13 PMthis guy/band is incredible.
I think I saw somewhere in the last few weeks that he is or has broken up the trio.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

hewhoiscalledj

Quote from: Geir on April 29, 2009, 05:21:45 PMLately I've listen mostly to whatever is posted here. Tuesday was Witchita's latest post (solo and collabs w/ Kody & AC) Yesterday I started on ORH ... and man , there's lots and lots of good stuff there .... 
And that's just a couple of you guys!! I've spent a lot of time listening to much of what is posted here ....

Except from that:
Last couple of months: Marit Larsen (wonderful young Norwegian artist), Feist, Alison Krauss and Frank Zappa.

G.

Frank Zappa... now there was a character who is sorely missed. I heard his son Dweezil is taking up the torch and touring his father's music. Pretty cool.

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Geir on April 29, 2009, 05:21:45 PMLately I've listen mostly to whatever is posted here. Tuesday was Witchita's latest post (solo and collabs w/ Kody & AC) Yesterday I started on ORH ... and man , there's lots and lots of good stuff there .... 

Except from that:

G.
Any Plant & Krauss by chance? That's some good stuff right there.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Geir

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on April 29, 2009, 05:24:30 PMFrank Zappa... now there was a character who is sorely missed. I heard his son Dweezil is taking up the torch and touring his father's music. Pretty cool.
He is missed for sure!! I was at a Zappa plays Zappa show a couple of years ago and that was right up there with the best performances I've ever heard live!! ... and friday  I'll be shaking hand with Napoleon, Roy and the rest of the "Grandmothers" at a local pub!!

QuoteAny Plant & Krauss by chance? That's some good stuff right there.
But of course   :) Robert Plant's Fate of Nations tour is another musical experience hard to forget !!!

G
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

I've been listening to Joe's garage way too much recently. Plooking away at the correctional institute, painted in the vilest of green.

And I have just finished listening to Geir's recent post 'I am in love'.

It's another addition to the PiePod list
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Just been listening to the man above's vocal and spiky guitar - a preliminary mix of 'Good for You'... a Jemima's Kite new song  :)

Love it!

Davo

Shooter Jennings aint too shabby!
This week Mother Maybelle Carter, Sonic Youths NEW album, the Rentals, and Supergrass.

Heres the new SY, good to know such great music is being made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlveLlgBs8
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tony

Whaddya think - Robert Johnson, of course!