What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Gritter

Yup, they're just a couple dudes who have been best friends since they were teens, like to have fun, love all kinds of music and make music for themselves. The best music is made when you don't try to make music for a particular audience. That's why their fans love them so much. We all get to be in on their inside jokes...There's a lot of Love at their shows...(well it was lacking at this past Van show) - but I've seen them a bunch and the show last Monday was disappointing only because they've spoiled us so.

Gnasty

Love these guys!!..great song about how we are killing ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwELajFteTo
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

im afraid right now i am listening to dire straits on bbc4, dire doesnt even come close to describing how awful it is,
friday nights on bbc4 used to be good quality music guarenteed.  not tonight tho.

as we say in scotland

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Whats up with all this Dire Straits domination lately.  I see them everywhere I go, they are mentioned a couple of times a day on this very site for craps sake.  Are they really from down under, out to take over the world with their New World order of music?  Who are those guys really?  Are they in league with Jack Black, hell bent on total control of our minds, our very souls?   Shut it off Jim, listen to some Ween instead.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

being banned from Canadian radio has given them street cred!

Didn't they break up about 30 years ago?

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Gnasty on January 28, 2011, 04:44:23 PMLove these guys!!..great song about how we are killing ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwELajFteTo

I love these guys! This is awesome!

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 28, 2011, 05:54:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzRz-Hcj18

I watched this intimate gig on BBC4 a few months ago. It's a bloody awesome amount of talent on that stage! Such a great mix of styles and strengths, but all fantastic at what they do. Loudon Wainwright kind of stole it for me - he performs with such warm, understated clarity. This is what you'd want to see at an open mic night!

Gu Djin

Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X