Warranty transfer Boss.

Started by chip, April 07, 2012, 12:26:34 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: chip on April 09, 2012, 10:17:35 AMOne more thing.... The songs already on the MBR, can I use the SD card with those tracks on, in the new one. Will it work?

Not directly. The format of some of the files is different. But you can use BR Wave Converter to export all of your Micro BR tracks as WAV files, then import those WAV files into the BR-80. You can then re-mix your tracks on the BR-80, add new tracks, etc. To export the drum track from the Micro BR, you have to bounce it (with all of the other track levels at minimum) to a pair of tracks. You can then export that pair with BR Wave Converter. Of course, that means you won't be able to edit the arrangement in the BR-80's drum machine since the drums are now audio data rather than midi data.

Alternatively, you might be able to create a new song on the BR-80 and copy just the TAKE*.BR0 files from your Micro BR into the new song. That would give you the audio tracks. But I'm not 100% certain that will work. It depends on whether Roland has changed the layout of those files in the BR-80 (making them incompatible). If they have not, then it should work. But only the TAKE*.BR0 files. The arrangement and effects files are definitely incompatible, so the drum track will have to be bounced and exported as a WAV file.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chip

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 09, 2012, 10:36:02 AM
Quote from: chip on April 09, 2012, 10:17:35 AMOne more thing.... The songs already on the MBR, can I use the SD card with those tracks on, in the new one. Will it work?

Not directly. The format of some of the files is different. But you can use BR Wave Converter to export all of your Micro BR tracks as WAV files, then import those WAV files into the BR-80. You can then re-mix your tracks on the BR-80, add new tracks, etc. To export the drum track from the Micro BR, you have to bounce it (with all of the other track levels at minimum) to a pair of tracks. You can then export that pair with BR Wave Converter. Of course, that means you won't be able to edit the arrangement in the BR-80's drum machine since the drums are now audio data rather than midi data.

Alternatively, you might be able to create a new song on the BR-80 and copy just the TAKE*.BR0 files from your Micro BR into the new song. That would give you the audio tracks. But I'm not 100% certain that will work. It depends on whether Roland has changed the layout of those files in the BR-80 (making them incompatible). If they have not, then it should work. But only the TAKE*.BR0 files. The arrangement and effects files are definitely incompatible, so the drum track will have to be bounced and exported as a WAV file.

Cheers 64. Or I could do them all again but better. I have them all written down. I have just bought the new one, just hoping it's in stock. Having looked at the manual it all looks reasonably straight forward, just a matter of messing around I suppose. No doubt I shall throw up some questions concerning certain functions once I get started. I must admit I have been having doubts about it and having been recording this afternoon in the taxi with the MBR( instead of working) it is a great device. But like I say, I do have trouble with the bouncing stuff. With this, the 8 tracks is really all I need.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

64Guitars

Quote from: chip on April 08, 2012, 03:51:32 PMTherefore the MBR is now for sale:( will I regret it?

I'd suggest hanging onto the original Micro BR for a while until you get comfortable with the BR-80. Then you'll be better able to decide whether you should sell it or keep it. Several people here have upgraded to the BR-80 but kept their original Micro BR. Though the BR-80 is definitely much better overall, there are some differences and possibly a few things that you'll miss from the original Micro BR. So don't get rid of it until you've had time to discover what the differences are.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website