Warranty transfer Boss.

Started by chip, April 07, 2012, 12:26:34 PM

chip

Right, I'm back in the hunt for the MBR 80. I have spotted a used one but due to the nature of this device and some of the dodgy reports on here, I am reluctant to buy it without the warranty. So. Can a warranty be tranferred form one MBR owner to another if the device is still within the warranty period. In this case it is only 4 months old.

Or should I buy it and take a risk?

Or should I buy a new one from DV27 with a 4 year warranty?

or should I forget it and stick with the original?
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

64Guitars

Here's Roland UK's Warranty info page:

http://www.roland.co.uk/articles/default.aspx?c=187

Sounds like it only applies to the original purchaser, but you could try contacting Roland to find out for sure:

http://www.roland.co.uk/articles/default.aspx?c=34

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chip

Cheers for that 64. I reckon a new one is the best bet. So I will consider on and possibly call/ email Roland.

You can transfer warranties with cars, that's where my thinking came from.

launched

It might also depend on the price you pay for a used one. Roland's used repair policy is excellent, and is usually not overly expensive for the actual repair itself. You will still have to pay shipping even if it is under warranty. From what I've read here and other local people I've talked to in the past, nobody has been unhappy with repair services. If you get a good deal on a used one that is in excellent shape, I wouldn't worry too much about getting soaked financially if it breaks on you. It wouldn't cost you any more than the price of a used one and possibly less.

Also, manufacture date is something to consider with a used purchase. That's what most companies will consider if you "lost your receipt". It may be under warranty by default even though you didn't buy it new.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

Honestly Chip i only heard of problems with the cog wheel but other than that i have not had any
problems with mine. I even dropped this thing and yeah i was pissed at myself but luckily
nothing happened.
I`m thinking you have a micro br and i had one too but honestly other than
not being able to bounce effects other than Reverb and EQ, the br-80 is a way better product.
I sung the DIO song and did a uke song with the built in condensor mics and they give sweet
recordings i must say. 

I would say go for it or maybe wait and buy brand new, but i doubt the price will lower for a while.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Facemask93

I sold a Guitar Rig 4 pedal a while back on EBay , Native Instruments were very slow , but did change everything over into the new buyers name

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

chip

I can get a new one with 4 years warranty for £178. Is that the one to go for?  Help!!!!!
Also , the dreaded drums. On the MBR I can run the song and put the fills etc in as I go along. I would hope this can be achieved in the same way on this new one? Geir showed me how to do this on the MBR. I really have no need for the eband stuff, I want  the MTR, 8 tracks, portability and live record mode, that's the bottom line. Cheers.

64Guitars

Quote from: chip on April 08, 2012, 11:26:22 AMAlso , the dreaded drums. On the MBR I can run the song and put the fills etc in as I go along. I would hope this can be achieved in the same way on this new one? Geir showed me how to do this on the MBR.

Unfortunately, the original Micro BR is the only BR that can do that while you're listening to the song. But the BR-80 has a better drum machine than previous BRs. They finally got rid of the Starting Measure parameter and replaced it with a step length parameter, which makes a lot more sense. That's the way we think of our arrangements. Play this pattern for 7 measures, then play a fill for one measure, then a different pattern for 4 measures, etc. So it's much more intuitive to program. It's also much easier to insert steps with no starting measure to worry about. And you can import patterns from standard midi files, so you're not limited to just the preset patterns as you are with the original Micro BR. Plus, judging from some of Geir's posts, the BR-80 drums seem to sound much better than other BRs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chip

Thanks for that 64. I have decided to invest in the new one, I love the old one but it has the limitation of 4 tracks which is not enough, with the inconvience of bouncing making things rather frustrating. This is a big step for me, and you are aware of my hic -ups with the MBR, but being familiar with the sub menus of the MBR It should be make life easier.
Therefore the MBR is now for sale:( will I regret it? That ones for the future. The drums do look like an improvement, but I like to keep drummers under my belt , live or otherwise and strictly on the beat and very simple, give me Ringo and I am happy. 

chip

One more thing.... The songs already on the MBR, can I use the SD card with those tracks on, in the new one. Will it work?