Hi from Canada

Started by Mojo1961, April 04, 2012, 05:02:37 PM

Mojo1961

Hi everyone from Canada.

I thought I'd introduce myself. Been a lifelong fan of music, from Hank Sr to Bob Dylan
to Neil Young to Black Sabbath to Metallica. Never played an instrument until I decided
that I would try my hand at playing guitar. So in 2005 at the age of 44 I bought a
cheap Epi Les Paul Special. After about a year of learning I started playing with a
couple of guys at work. Never amounted to much but it was fun. Early in 2008 after 3
decades of too much booze and dope, my working hard playing hard living caught up with
me. I collapsed and my heart stopped. I was revived but was in a coma and hospitalized. A
week later I came out of it and it was determined that some brain damage was present. I
had trouble with my balance so even walking at first was difficult. My speech was also
affected in that I couldn't talk as quickly as I did before. Slowly I recouperated and
by the end of the year I was getting help with my addiction problems. Things started
getting better and by early 2009 life was better. So I thought I would start playing
guitar again. I bought another guitar, a Yamaha AEX-500 and then nothing. I couldn't
remember anything I learned before. Not a single note or chord. But I knew that relearning
guitar would be a major goal for me. And slowly and surely I worked at. About a year ago
I found a BR-600 for a good price, and used it as a practice tool. It's helped me and
and finally I recorded my first song including vocals and was looking online about the
BR-600 and found this site and checked out other peoples songs.

Wow, if I was blown away by the talent here. I hope to learn from you guys and maybe give
something back, as music has helped my rehabilitation.

Martin.

PS How do I post a song online, do I just use the attach box? Thanks.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gnasty

Hey Martin,

Welcome!!!!! i am from Ontari-ario, Canada myself. Wow you have a complete sad but also awesome story.
You just found the best place to be on the NET and WI-FI! And universe for that matter!

Go here for the site usage tips: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3609.0

Basically if your song is original or cover go to forum home and choose. Then click on new topic and you can upload your Mp3 from there. Admin will help you out too.

Can`t wait to hear it man!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Mojo1961

Thanks Gnasty,

So if I convert it to MP3 I can just put it in the attach box and it'll go where I post it.
If so I'll do it later this evening, as I have to head out for a while?

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gnasty

Quote from: Mojo1961 on April 04, 2012, 05:22:02 PMThanks Gnasty,

So if I convert it to MP3 I can just put it in the attach box and it'll go where I post it.
If so I'll do it later this evening, as I have to head out for a while?

Yes but just make sure its no bigger than 6292 KB. That`s the limit on the site.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Mojo1961

Thanks going to post in Covers later ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Welcome to Songcrafters, Martin.

Quote from: Mojo1961 on April 04, 2012, 05:02:37 PMHow do I post a song online, do I just use the attach box?

Yes, you can upload an MP3 file by clicking the Browse button next to the Attach box. After you post your message, an MP3 player gadget will automatically be added so that others can listen to your song.

Alternatively, you can link to your MP3 files stored elsewhere on the web (alonetone, Soundclick, ReverbNation, etc) using one of our other MP3 player gadgets. See details here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=7

A lot of stuff you might want to know as a new member can be found in the Guides / Site Help section which you'll find in the main menu at the top of every page.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

hullawrerr frae scotland get some in martin.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Welcome Martin, looking forward to hearing your tunes! Music is pretty powerful and you'll find others here, I'm sure, who will identify with your story. You'll also learn a lot if you listen often, some pretty impressive talent resides in these cyber halls!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mojo1961

Thanks for the comments guys. I tried posting my cover in the cover section but it doesn't seem to be there  :-\

Should I post it again? or is there some time lag?

recorder
Boss BR-600

cuthbert

Hi there Mojo1961, and welcome!

Quote from: Mojo1961 on April 04, 2012, 07:46:52 PMI tried posting my cover in the cover section but it doesn't seem to be there 
Should I post it again? or is there some time lag?

It doesn't seem to be there yet?

The only time lag you should see is the amount of time it takes to upload the mp3 file from your computer to the site. Normally, that shouldn't be more than a few minutes as long as you have a DSL, cable modem, or T1 connection.

When your attachment has finished uploading, you should see your post or the subforum you posted to, depending on your user preferences.

hth,
cuthbert
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase