New guitar build

Started by bruno, April 03, 2012, 02:56:03 PM

bruno

T0910_01 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A sample of how the guitar sounds. Just turned the BR on record and played a bit.

Here are some wild noodlings - all in a single take, just a touch of reverb, EQ is flat, two mikes pan hard left and right - mostly playing with a pick, last bit is finger picking.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

Oh it sounds lovely Mr B - congrats :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Burtog

Sounds great Bruno a very full sound and of course it will sound even better over time as all good guitars do.
 ;)
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

WOW that sounds great !! Beautiful guitar with a beautiful sound !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Thanks all - this is as a result of GAS - big time (I've never heard the term GAS before this site, however I think I know what it means). I must say, its difficult to capture the full sound in a recording - they sound so beautiful live, and they are works of art. The company is a mad one, they are totally into building guitars and not business men at all. It really is in the middle of no-where and you end up with that worrying, will the car make it thoughts - but get there you do, and its so worth while - even with the GAS issue. When they gave me the guitar, they all (3 of them) came out the workshop to watch and to talk - life moves at the correct (slow) pace at Brook.

My guitar was next to their show piece guitar, go to the link - select news and scroll down - you'll see what I mean ...

http://www.brookguitars.com/

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

Quote from: Speed Demon on August 09, 2012, 02:09:10 PMBruno, if you should suddenly die, quite suddenly, can I have your guitar?

Pretty please.
You do realise if he does you will be he main suspect, Gene...... Great looking guitar Bruno sounds good too....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Speed Demon

Reg, I've been the main suspect for the past 70 years.

When I was born, the doctor slapped my mother. People came from other hospitals to slap me.
I was an evil child. At least that much hasn't changed.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

thetworegs

When I was born, the doctor slapped my mother.....Ha! Ha! Hee!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

bruno

Recorded this one with the mike over the shoulder - interesting!

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Boss BR-1600

suburban behemoth

Quote from: bruno on August 28, 2012, 12:38:21 AMMy guitar was next to their show piece guitar, go to the link - select news and scroll down - you'll see what I mean ...

http://www.brookguitars.com/

B.

Checked out the website. Beautiful guitar, Bruno. I was impressed with their acoustic bass as well. Every bass player Otter have one.  *groan* sorry.
recorder
Boss BR-864