You've Got Me In Your Pocket

Started by henwrench, March 26, 2012, 03:42:47 AM

henwrench

You've Got Me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
But like a penny, you don't know I'm here...

henwrench

Drums by Rata-Tat-Tat
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

On repeat!

This has a lot going on .... harmonium? keys? is that your tele that screams that lead?

anyway ... LOVE IT !! Great to hear your work with some real drums as well !! Love those drums Rata !

-->henPod
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Beautiful! Love how it fills out when the bass kicks in. Reminds me of 'Smiley Smile' era Beach Boys... 'Vegetables' etc, but with your uniquely English / Pirate slant on proceedings. Needs more than one listen to take it all in. Lovely drum additions too.

Me likey lots!

Gnasty

Yeah this isdamn good. It seems is becoming a drum legend around here because of the
amazing songs being written with his drums. I love that middle part Hen. I`ve heard
grown-ups sound that way before :D This is a really good song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Hook

unique, strange, so very enjoyable...brilliant from start to finish!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Hell yah Henny... hearing this for the first time. I still have to figure out this syncing thingy... It sounds like I'm not quite sync'd up right. I've been having that problem with most of the trax I'm doing of others so my appologies until I can get er all figured out. Sounds great other than that!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

cuthbert

Excellent collab, fellas - I dig all the little bits in it. Bit of Americana to my ears, along with the all henwrench goodness.

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 26, 2012, 01:03:43 PMI still have to figure out this syncing thingy... It sounds like I'm not quite sync'd up right. I've been having that problem with most of the trax I'm doing of others...

Any chance you're using Audacity and mp3 files? We ran into that slight sync problem while doing 'Father Christmas' for Yulefest.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Rata-tat-tat

Cuthbert... I mastere'd in Cubase AI and recorded on an MBR... I think it's mostly mechanics that is hindering me. I have a tough time hearing the click while I'm playing. In this case I really didn't take the time to learn the song before I play'd it... just kinda ran through it. I think it deserves a redo on my part!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

Forgot to mention all files were uncompressed wav files that I sent to good Mr. Henwrench. I honestly think it's just me... If I play the drums too loud the click gets muttled somewhere in the background in my cans. It's one thing to just lay down a track with no boundries or lines to follow... it's a totally different challenge when you have to keep it inside the lines "If ya know what I mean".... Gets a little frustrating. Hang in there guys.... I'll get it down!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Oldrottenhead

i thought i commented on this yesterday, magic guys, drums sound braw to my ears, giutar gets your attention when it screams like a baby.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann