go by HD featuring Gnasty on vocals

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 25, 2012, 02:15:30 AM

Oldrottenhead

go by HD feat. gnasty
Time:
0:00
Volume:
yesterday morning i recieved an email from mr davidsen with a new HD tune. about an hour later i had a lyric and vocal recorded. but i wasn't happy with it, the song needed a rock vocal, so i sent my version to eric (gnasty) and asked if he could sing it an octave higher and in a rockier style than my feeble attempt. in my head i had an idea of how i wanted it to sound but it was way beyond my range. eric didn't let me down, the man is a star.

traffic at a standstill
we're going nowhere fast
the lights are stuck at red for now
and i just want to get up and
go
get up and go

going through the motions
of the daily grind
i've clocked in for another day
but i just want to get up and
go
get up and go
get up and go
get up and go

i want to run
off into the distance
and never come back
just go

i stare into my coffee
i stare into the black
i just watched my reflection
just get up and
go

etc.
go
music written
by
davidsen
lyrics written
by
higgins
music performed
by
davidsen
lead vocals
by
gnasty
backing vocals
by
davidsen and higgins
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Well done really nice collab really catchy rocker, great vox and tune, loved it!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

Total rock-o-magic! The production and performances are so professional sounding. This is really a stellar recording and a pretty damn awesome song. Gnasty you sing with such strength and conviction and it just drips with raw, honest power. When that chorus comes in, well it's quite impressive!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a great collaboration from all parties!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Gnasty

Thanks for this guys. You guys rock together.

When Jim sent me this i couldn`t say no and i think it was the most spontaneous collab i`ve done.
I always loved Honker and HD. Ken`s music always moved me. He is one talented dude. He adds
a style on his own and matched up with ORH lyrics and melodies, they are a force.

I think this helped me with my next songs too. It was really hard to get someone to kick me in
the gnards at the right timing to record me girly mon vocals  :o
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

QuoteIt was really hard to get someone to kick me in
the gnards at the right timing to record me girly mon vocals  Shocked
i needed a kick too...............am currently working on my new prog epic, watch this space ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

This is HUGE !!!!!

What a spectacular tune you guys have made here. Excellent music, excellent words/melody and excellent vocals !!!

I don't know which folder to put this in ... the HD, Ken, ORH or Gnasty folder .... oh well I'll make a new folder in hope that it will be filled up with more :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony H

Well done Dudes. Definitely a hit. This song is real catchy. This song is a Songcrafters must listen! Don't stop collaborating guys!
Tony

recorder
Boss BR-800

Lurker

Well DANG!  This is great stuff.  Music, lyrics, instruments, vocals, ... everything is right on.  This could be one of those great tunes that gets overplayed on the radio.  And you can dance to it!

Stellar job, fellas.

Tony W

Fuck me, this is spectacular. Shitcan the drums and get a real drummer, and this thing should really be played around the world. Jim, great job recognizing what the song needed vocally! Ken.... You're such a stud. Eric... Damn dude!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR