Musikmesse 2012

Started by 64Guitars, March 21, 2012, 02:44:17 PM

AndyR

Quote from: Geir on March 23, 2012, 04:23:23 AM
Quote from: AndyR on March 23, 2012, 03:58:13 AMSo, I'm pretty much immune to this sort of stuff at the moment...
now why do I have a hard time believing that sentence when it's said by either you or BB ???

:D

Well, we'll just have to see what happens in the next few months. I'm definitely looking at a bill for at least a couple of hundred for the stands/hangers etc... But they don't really feel like new toys do they? :D

You'll be pleased to know, though, the MBR (and the BR1600) are now both out of their boxes, and have been wired into the studio system. AND last night I was able to listen to the 3 or 4 rough demos I had on the go some months ago... I even jammed along with one of them with various instruments - the system works!!! (nothing to sit on though...). If only I didn't have decorating and stuff to do this weekend... I'm ready to rock! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

T.C. Elliott

I was looking at a couple of new recorders but probably won't get anything soon. The BR1600 is what I've been drooling over. I almost got one off of ebay instead of the brand new br900 but hit a scam artist and the wife overreacted and... I didn't lose any money, but I had to settle. The 900 is great for what I do, but I'd love to do 8 tracks at once with the band... or just single mic the drums on our drummers kit.

Other things I've looked at recently, electronic drums, hand drums (I can't play either so...) a brand new 1800 dollar stratocaster.... a brand new custom made Creston tele-style... and a motorcycle.

None of which looks to be in the near near future.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SdC

Quote from: AndyR on March 22, 2012, 07:29:11 AMCan anyone else hear the contradiction in this sentence?

"The American Standard Stratocaster has been upgraded with aged plastic parts"

!!!

I'm a happy owner of a couple of Roadworns. But if I was after a standard, I'm not entirely convinced that I see "aged" and "upgraded" as part of the same concept :D
Also it now has "Hot '50's pickups".... According to the first reviews they are more "vintage" sounding..... so much for Fender innovation, now they are ONLY cashing in on the "vintage" bandwagon, probably has something to do with their IPO. I bought my '10 Am. Std. especially because I liked the contemporary tone of the pickups...

recorder
Boss BR-600

SdC

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Quote from: SdC on March 23, 2012, 10:50:29 AMOMG those new guitar amps are HIDEOUS.

I assume you're referring to the orange trim around the control panel. It seems to be fastened with six screws. I imagine it would be easy to remove it and spray-paint it black. Then it wouldn't look so bad.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website