Musikmesse 2012

Started by 64Guitars, March 21, 2012, 02:44:17 PM

64Guitars

Musikmesse 2012 started today and runs till Saturday, March 24th. There were some new product announcements from Roland but nothing that excited me much:

http://www.rolandconnect.com/

For other Musikmesse 2012 announcements, see this page:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shows.cfm?show=messe12

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

A couple of entry level electric kits, some nice iPad stuff from Alesis though.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

AndyR

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

Can anyone else hear the contradiction in this sentence?

"The American Standard Stratocaster has been upgraded with aged plastic parts"

!!!

I'm a happy owner of a couple of Roadworns. But if I was after a standard, I'm not entirely convinced that I see "aged" and "upgraded" as part of the same concept :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Flash Harry

I'm hoping my Jazz never looks roadworn. I've got gaffer tape all over the back and sides to stop it getting dinged. Upgrade, aged, plastic. Bleargh!
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

Oh and an iPad is a nice chopping board.
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Burtog

Quote from: AndyR on March 22, 2012, 07:29:11 AMCan anyone else hear the contradiction in this sentence?

"The American Standard Stratocaster has been upgraded with aged plastic parts"

!!!

I'm a happy owner of a couple of Roadworns. But if I was after a standard, I'm not entirely convinced that I see "aged" and "upgraded" as part of the same concept :D

Me neither, it's one or the other.

I have a roadworn Tele,................................I love it!
recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

Ain't got no prices on them there new kits. Bastages.  How am I suppose to figure out if I'm suppose to drool or save up if they won't give no prices?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

AndyR

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 22, 2012, 04:51:52 PMOh and an iPad is a nice chopping board.

Ahl! We need some of those - Mrs R is complaining about the old ones... I assume it's an IKEA own-brand or something? (Curses, I've managed to stay out of IKEA so far...)

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on March 22, 2012, 08:18:57 PMAin't got no prices on them there new kits. Bastages.  How am I suppose to figure out if I'm suppose to drool or save up if they won't give no prices?

I was thinking that as well. But on the other hand, I've just been unpacking my kit into the "music-room" after a house-move. On the one hand, I've discovered I've got quite a lot of kit. On the other hand, I find it all works quite well, better than in the old place. And on the, er, "third-hand", not having seen or used this kit for several months, it really does feel like a new gear day every evening as I get a new piece out and plumb it into the system.

So, I'm pretty much immune to this sort of stuff at the moment... (I am, however, eyeing up keyboard-stands, piano-stools, and guitar-hangers from various sources, so from the wife's point of view I am buying more kit!!! :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Quote from: AndyR on March 23, 2012, 03:58:13 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on March 22, 2012, 04:51:52 PMOh and an iPad is a nice chopping board.

Ahl! We need some of those - Mrs R is complaining about the old ones... I assume it's an IKEA own-brand or something? (Curses, I've managed to stay out of IKEA so far...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0FVm_H_D18
QuoteSo, I'm pretty much immune to this sort of stuff at the moment...
now why do I have a hard time believing that sentence when it's said by either you or BB ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........