"1234" Hook covers Feist

Started by Hook, March 20, 2012, 08:54:02 PM

Hook

Time:
0:00
Volume:
GurlFest (banner image missing)

Never checked anything else out from her but this tune is great and the video is awesome! I've played it on guitar, backing up a female vocalist many times but thought I'd give it a go. Recorded "Guerrilla" style in my car this afternoon, just one live track me and my baritone uke!
written by Feist

performed by Hook on a Rouge Baritone Ukulele

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Pine

hey Hook..you're right, this is a good song. Not familiar with the original but i like your version alot. probably due to the solid playing and your extremely good vocal ability. Loved the tone of the little baritone uke even tho it was a guerilla recording. Man you sing well. Makes the tune. Nice job!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Geir

Having covered this one myself I too love this one !

And your version is fantastic Hook !!! Love the simple guerilla recording here and you really deliver a great performance !

Now I'll have to give this another try (not quite happy with my previous version :D )
Quote from: Hook on March 20, 2012, 08:54:02 PMNever checked anything else out from her
You really should !! Lots of good stuff!
Quotebut this tune is great and the video is awesome!
I couldn't agree more !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Another Canadian lady. I think this tune went viral after it was on an Apple commercial.

You pulled off a stunner again Hook. Live in the KIA (was it?) Smoking uke playing with your
versatile vocals. Your awesome! You rock!

Quote from: Geir on March 21, 2012, 06:09:13 AMHaving covered this one myself I too love this one !

Yes Geir`s version is amazing too of course!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

henwrench

Ace!! Sounds wicked, great cover of a great song...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Not familiar with it, but I definitely dig it. Your vocals are always so honest.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR