RR - 30 years gone today :(

Started by Gnasty, March 19, 2012, 04:04:39 PM

Gnasty

I know not much of you are Randy Rhoads fans and i don`t judge guitars players 1,2,3 because its
utter nonsense to judge different styles and playing within the soul IMO. But he was the reason I
started playing guitar so he is my true guitar hero.

In everything i`ve read about him, nobody had a bad thing to say about him. He was very modest
and humble and not only would he be a rock star at night, he was learning to get his classical degree, and teaching kids classes to play guitar as well. What guitar player can you think of that did that?

We can say Ritchie Blackmore, and Yngwie had classical influence in their playing but I just don`t
think anyone did it like Randy. He put everything into not only his solos but his chord structures. His live tone
was incredible.
I insist you try and learn his songs and you will know that this isn`t just pentatonic blues he did.
To me he gets a bad rap for being Ozzy`s guitar player because they call it heavy metal. I do not call or will EVER call Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman Heavy Metal albums. It`s classic and progressive rock to me.

Dying at 26 was way too young and going up in the plane that killed him this day 30 years was what
had everybody scratching their heads because he had a fear of flying.

R.I.P Randy!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

Wow, 30 years... it seems like yesterday.

Yep, he was way too young. I found out more about him a couple of years after he went, but I was aware of him when Diary came out. He was a very talented guitarist. I was going off "metal" by then, but I find everything of his I've ever heard to be very listenable.

I still can't get over it being 30 years ago, though...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

henwrench

S.A.T.O Class. Randy Rhoads - Class. Gone but not forgotten.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR