Main Menu

Why

Started by SE, March 18, 2012, 04:50:06 PM

SE

WHY___02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Came form a dark place just glad to get it off my mbr.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Powerful performing! Well done! The lead guitar works well on the backround!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

Bowier and Bowier, to me. Amazing fine, lyrics please!
recorder
Audacity

ODH

Some excellent post-existential angst, from what I could hear of the lyrics.  You're right, possessions are shallow, although I think the consensus on the Why question is that there isn't a good answer.  The Stoics would argue that it's all pointless and the way to hapiness is basically in accepting that.

I recommend Michael Foley's the Age of Absurdity.

Love the guitars, especially the rhythm, which reminded my of the TV Personalities Where's Bill Grundy Now EP.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Geir

WOW WOW !!!

This is really a powerful, excellent song !!!

Love it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Well i`m glad you got this out SE ! It`s a belter from you once again! Your vocals are so powerful!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

T.C. Elliott

The guitars are almost sinister, especially combined with the vox on the chorus. I love the feel of this one. Very good vocal performance, btw.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Tangled Wires

This is excellent John, you have really captured a mood here. Always love you guitar work and the way you blend the rhythm and lead parts, and yet again you have done it perfectly here.

The chorus really deepens the mood of the song, and it creates a really good contrast with the verses.

The vocal, as ever, is pure class!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Very cool, angry and trippy , I dig it!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SE

Hi guys thanks  for the comments, a few weeks ago I wrote a song about helping someone out. I,ve been in my home for about 8 or 9 months, in that time I,ve worked my ass off to try and make it liveable, so two weeks ago I when,t to bed and forgot to lock the back door so during the night while the wife and I where in bed some assh**es decided it would be a good idea to break in to my home steal jewelley, money, cards and the keys to our cars ( both have been retrived, but mine was so badly damaged it was written off)
 This song was written about this although I think my brain was fried at the time with the upset and constant hassle of going through every hoop know to man that the insurance companies could think of.
 Now after a few weeks I think the mrs and me are getting back to normal although every door now has a bolt and I,ve installed an alarm, all very well after the event.
So back to the start of my little story, any visitors, might be met by a very different responce, all very sad.
recorder
Boss BR-80