Audacity 2.0.0 released

Started by 64Guitars, March 15, 2012, 04:09:47 PM

64Guitars

Audacity 2.0.0 has been released. It will now be considered the "stable" release, replacing version 1.2.6 (formerly considered the stable release) and version 1.3.14 (which was a Beta release of 2.0.0).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/news?id=2012-03-13/2.0-release

At first glance, there aren't any huge changes from version 1.3.14. But it's probably a good idea for everyone to udgrade anyway.

Here's the download page:  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

Thanks 64! I just downloaded it. I'm not sure which version I had but it was an old one. The new one has a different look and more options...nice! Thanks.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chip

Cheers 64, just grabbed it. I am still working out the last one but this version seems similar, so should be ok. I need to sort something out with it though. concerning individual tracks, but that's for another day.. Thanks again.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

64Guitars

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on March 15, 2012, 04:36:31 PMI'm not sure which version I had but it was an old one. The new one has a different look and more options...nice!

Sounds like you probably had 1.2.6 which was quite different from 1.3.14 and the new 2.0.0. One of my favourite features of 1.3 / 2.0 is the Mixer Board which you'll find in the View menu. It's a great way to mix your tracks. I almost always do my final mix in Audacity now. Since there's no limit to the number of tracks, I can ignore all of the sub-mixes I created on the BR for the sake of bouncing and mix all of the individual tracks in Audacity instead.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website