2nd attempt, a little jazz this time

Started by guitaroscar, January 21, 2009, 12:36:52 AM

guitaroscar

Micro BR jazz
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I am getting the hang of this! ;D I downloaded Audacity and it was a great help.  Thankyou for all the great advice I have been given.
cheers,
Harry

Greeny

Smooth. You're a very skilled jazz / blues player. I wasn't sure about the tone of the lead guitar - it sounded a bit harsh to me, with a bit too much chorus 'wobble' on it. That's not really a criticism, because the playing is so wonderful that you can do whatever you like!

mr2kewl

glad to see some Jazz cuts here. i agree with tim, your playing is spot on. with this style of Jazz you want to keep it a clean sound. and a little bass would set it right - wink wink nudge nudge  ;) :D ;D ::)

markr
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

troy6120

holdempok

Why don't we do it on the road?

guitaroscar

I agree 100% on the tone.  The tone I prefer is the Wes, Pass type, neck pickup, bass rolled off etc, but as this is what I had used for the rhythm guitar I wanted something that would cut over the rhythm.
What I tried, unsuccessfully, to get, was a slightly different tone to the comp.  I couldn't tweak the onboard effects to that degree so I decided to go the opposite way.
Next time I will take my chances with a similar tone and try a different guitar.

Thankyou for all the positive comments about my playing.  I live in a small, coastal town in Eastern Australia and there is just not many gigs here except during the tourist season, and most of these go to the young guys playing in rock bands, so I get very little feedback.
I truely do appreciate it.
Cheers,
Harry