'My Sweet Misery' - by Greeny, OldRottenHead and Flash Harry

Started by Greeny, January 20, 2009, 03:36:45 AM

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 19, 2010, 02:31:26 AMThis one is still my favourite of all the songs that we have done.

One of mine too. Superlative piece of work, still on my JK playlist on the Zen.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Here's hiding so much real good songs in this site, like this! Well bumbed ORH. This is a treasure - I like the 60's psych pop vibe in this!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

Interesting use of chords here.  Dissonant & dreamy.  Very effective.  Also love the vocal harmony.  Would like to hear some ride cymbal playing in eighths in the chorus.  That would sweeten it a bit more.  Just a suggestion.

Great tune and great job to all!

:) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

T.C. Elliott

What a great track. Everything about it is very very good. The great lyric with excellent vocals, and yes those voices sound great together. The guitars are great and the bass is very tight. Excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

Quotemaybe you guys will allow me to add a little lead solo to one of your songs some day....?

guess what?

[soundclick]9567455[/soundclick]
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

On This Day bump.

It seemed odd to see "by Greeny, OldRottenHead and Flash Harry" instead of "Jemima's Kite" in the subject of this topic. But then I read the messages on page one which show how the name "Jemima's Kite" came about. A great bit of Songcrafters history there. And a great song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Great bump 64 ... and a great story to read about a great band and a great song !!

Quote from: Greeny on January 20, 2009, 04:58:37 AMHere's an image / icon for the page...

You should update the link Tim, 'cause the picture is great too !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Still one of my top two fave JK songs (this and the JK theme). I play this one a lot, great track guys. You have been a big inspiration to me.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Ah.... the start of it all. It's always been a hard one to top.

I still think we should have been called 'The Lactating Nuns', lol

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.