my new epiphone eb3 sg bass, and epiphone g-400 guitar.

Started by phantasm777, February 26, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

sanfi4u

FM - I don't measure my neck at all. I just read the spec :). But they measure it exactly the way 64Guitars described. Thanks, 64Guitars!

recorder
Boss BR-800

phantasm777

i was looking at my specs and the bass AD SAYS IT MEASURES IN AT 34 IN. ooops on caps. but i've always used a long neck, though perhaps at my age a shorter one would have been better. aside of that i am so thrilled my sg guitar does not have scratches on the pickguard. luckily there was still a layer of plastic on it. what a break!

DannyB_KY

I bought an Epi EB3 in cherry. Its really killer for the money!! I changed the strings, straightened the neck and lowered the action quite a bit. It plays like a $1500 bass now! I haven't changed the pots yet.

77, you have great taste in guitars!!
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

phantasm777

because of iommi and others, an sg is my fav. but cannot afford one at the moment, the epiphone is working quite well and i do like it, as well as my epiphone sg bass. i had to adjust the neck as well and change strings. i prefer flatwound strongs and it had wire wound, i hate those. i like the flat for a deep bass especially since i pick-play with my fingers. epiphone bass and guitar SG's are definately worth the money. i have another guitar and bass but now i don;t even use them.

suburban behemoth

They're gorgeous guys. As I can see in the pictures, I wouldn't kick them out of bed either. LOL
recorder
Boss BR-864

sanfi4u

Quote from: sanfi4u on April 17, 2012, 02:59:26 PMI'm back home with my new Epi EB-3 Limited Edition Short Scale Bass. It looks great. Well made, very convenient to play and has a great versatile tone. As it's short scale it has no neck diving problem. Overall it's a very good bass for the money. I just love playing it. Attached please find a couple of pics. Hope you'll enjoy them.
Finally I've got me the EB3CS case from Sam Ash Direct: http://www.samash.com/p/Epiphone_EB3...Case_-49984811. EB3CS is an excellent case and a perfect match for my Epi EB-3 Short Scale Bass Guitar. Sam Ash Direct is a good shop with a great service. I'll be glad to deal with them again.

recorder
Boss BR-800

flyon90

The g-400's are great guitars for the money.  I recently traded for one and I am currently in the process of replacing the electronics.

phantasm777

the epiphone bass and guitar are my mainstays. I use them in every song.

sanfi4u

Quote from: DannyB_KY on August 30, 2012, 05:47:10 AMI bought an Epi EB3 in cherry. Its really killer for the money!! I changed the strings, straightened the neck and lowered the action quite a bit. It plays like a $1500 bass now! I haven't changed the pots yet.
Do you have a short scale EB3? What kind of strings do you use?

recorder
Boss BR-800

phantasm777

I've always used a long scale, perhaps the short one would be easier but ... too late now!

also I always use flat wound strings cause I like a deep booming bass, and immensely dislike trebley basses and all that thwapping of strings, sound. cannot stand that. I think my string are fenders but I threw away the package and do not recall. the next time I think I am going to get slightly thinner strings.