my new epiphone eb3 sg bass, and epiphone g-400 guitar.

Started by phantasm777, February 26, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

phantasm777

the tony guitar looks a lot like the goth SG. i've seen both before. very cool!

sanfi4u

My Epiphone EB-3 Bass stands packed in a box beside the table in the hotel room. I'll take it back home tomorrow and will give it a try. I'm sure I'll like it after all of your comments :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

phantasm777

well? how is it? my fav bass is a rick, but so far this one is my next fav.!

sanfi4u

I'm back home with my new Epi EB-3 Limited Edition Short Scale Bass. It looks great. Well made, very convenient to play and has a great versatile tone. As it's short scale it has no neck diving problem. Overall it's a very good bass for the money. I just love playing it. Attached please find a couple of pics. Hope you'll enjoy them.

recorder
Boss BR-800

phantasm777

your pics cannot be seen now but i saw them earlier. you have a short neck on your epiphone bass? how many total frets? i have the long neck eb3 but it is now my main bass and use it on everything i do now. same as my epi-sg guitar.

sanfi4u

Quote from: FM on April 21, 2012, 11:51:53 AMyour pics cannot be seen now but i saw them earlier. you have a short neck on your epiphone bass? how many total frets?
This is the 1960's Limited Edition Custom Shop Bass. It has 30.5" short neck and a thumb-rest as the original Gibson EB-3 in 60's. But this Epi has 22 frets which differs from original Gibson neck having only 20 frets.
I've uploaded pics to a different site. Hope you can see them again now. Enjoy!

recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

Surface scratches on pick guards can frequently be polished out using a very mild rubbing compound.

If you cannot find any rubbing/polishing compounds locally, try Stewart-McDonald online.

http://www.stewmac.com

They carry everything for building and/or repairing guitars and other strung instruments.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

phantasm777

wow what great news, for me. i saw some loose plastic on my guitars pickguard, i thought i took all that off, i didnt, so when i did, gone were the scratches, what a freakin break. here i thought i really fucked it up while brand new and i didn't. thank god!

phantasm777

sanifi4u - how do you measure your neck from top of machine head to bottom of neck? in that case mine is 33 in. from first fret to last fret is 25 1/4 in.

i like thumb rests but i refuse to put a hole in my bass. it's too perty! :P

64Guitars

Quote from: FM on April 28, 2012, 04:47:12 PMhow do you measure your neck from top of machine head to bottom of neck?

Scale length is measured from the nut to the middle of the bridge (the maximum vibrating length of the string). My 1962 Gibson EB-0 is 30.5" which is considered short scale. The long scale EB-0L had a scale length of 34.5".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_(string_instruments)#Electric_bass

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website