my new epiphone eb3 sg bass, and epiphone g-400 guitar.

Started by phantasm777, February 26, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

phantasm777

the bass (red) has such a slender neck its incredible. great bass tone, nice feel, though its pretty heavy. the guitar (black) feels great sounds great, is pretty light. i was a lil aprehensive getting epihone, but couldn't yet afford the real gibson ones. but i found out for themost part epiphone makes these to gibson specs. so i took a gamble. glad i did.

phantasm777

the marks on the guitar pick guard, i think its called are scratches, from it falling, nothing else happened so im glad it was only that, sucks though, but i figure i could prob by a new guard. so no big deal long as it plays great.

Facemask93

Nice Bass and guitar man , bet your itching to make sweet music with these beauties , Epiphone are a great brand , I'm sure you won't regret buying them

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

phantasm777

i did my captain beyond cover, as my first song playing SG bass and guitar and will continue to use them from now on. though occassionally i will break out my b c rich warlock guitar.

Kenny B

Nice BASS Phantasm777 ... this reminds me of my first bass.

I had a brownish Gibson EBOL.  It had one pickup and the headstock
was like a classical guitar.

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

sanfi4u

I just ordered myself black body Epiphone EB-3 Limited Edition Bass. So, it's really a great pleasure to read this thread with all positive comments. The music to my ears :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

phantasm777

sanfi4u  other than the neck being a bit heavy, be careful it sill slide down when you let go, if you have a strap down. the neck is excellent nice and thin. the big pick up grabs the low end well. it's now my main bass. i love the look and the feel of it. i was very apprehensive of getting epihones but i read up on them and talked to those owning them and got a lot of good feedback.

launched

Oh yeah, nice!! I had a G400 for quite a while, it served me well, wrote my first 40 songs with it. Not as pretty as yours is, but it played well. You're gonna love in time if you don't already.

Right on!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Speed Demon

Several of my friends have used Epiphone guitars for many years and they still have them.
They play as good as the Les Paul's I've used over the years. A good choice.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

DannyB_KY

Great choice!!!

I've got the Iommi G-400. I replaced all the pots, switches and jacks with real Gibson parts. You have to slightly drill out the holes when replacing the pots. The pick up leads were super extra long, so I shortened those. It makes a difference!! Not a real big one but the overall tone is improved and worth the effort.

I was just looking at that bass guitar! I'm a fan of Epi's!!

I need a bass guitar and I dont want to use the guitar to bass in the BR-80. I'm trying to do strictly acoustic but I would be happy with electric bass using an acoustic simulator. The Epi is about the same price as the acoustic bass I'm looking at. But I don't know how well the the "Acoustic" guitar model works with a bass guitar on a BR-80. We need for someone to try it! ;D

Again, great choice!!  8) 8) 8)
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.