Posting frequency / How to get more comments

Started by 64Guitars, February 21, 2012, 02:45:15 PM

danthecoat

Quote from: Greeny on May 28, 2020, 02:40:32 AMRemember that WE don't know which are new ones and which ones are old ones  ;)

lol excellent point but i think the Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss would give mine away  ::)

StephenM

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 23, 2012, 06:26:55 PMi know i post far too much i cant help it...............i try to stem it..................... but i get inspired by too many things..........................as blue nile once sang "i love this life"

hic

NNNNAAAAA.....everybody listens to you....and I can see why!

burp

fart

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

I am at work and just read every single one of these posts....ha...that is just me!  I would say that humans are generally offended and don't realize when we offend...or worse...don't care.... well...for what it ain't worth.... I really appreciate this site alot...and it probably has to do with the fact that I actually found a few people who will listen to and appreciate my music and I will and do like wise in return... I am one of those people who loves almost everybody and everything so I have alot of enthusiasm and encouragement to offer.... I have found that even when my music is very good and i know it it is....almost no one else cares to take the time to listen... even the ones who supposedly love me the most... I have learned to be ok with that... but it is really nice to find some folks who do care enough to listen...
It seems as if there should be a tip jar or donation spot on here... I am not rich, but I am generous and I would love to give to a site that already has given me alot...Thank you to everyone....who runs this site and those who take the time to listen!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Flash Harry

Thank you.

I think that all of the moderators think that this little oasis in the Interwebs is worth it. I'm glad that we still have a lively creative space after all this time and that we still attract great musicians and writers.

It's a nice place because of the people.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

StephenM

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 23, 2012, 06:26:55 PMi know i post far too much i cant help it...............i try to stem it..................... but i get inspired by too many things..........................as blue nile once sang "i love this life"

hic

******nah....you don't .... as Billy Squier once said...."everybody wants you."

burp

fart

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Tony W on February 24, 2012, 07:35:26 AM
Quote from: henwrench on February 24, 2012, 02:43:00 AMIt's a pity about the lack of inclusion for our Member Jukeboxes here

The member jukeboxes was an incredible bit of custom code completely written by 64 guitars. In a nutshell, it searches each member, checks to see if there is an MP3 attachment associated with the post, then dumps it into a reference file. The inherent problem is that remotely linked files ARE NOT ATTACHED, and that's why the jukeboxes are not populated.

From a nerd standpoint, it would be awesome to see what a programmer could come up with as a work around, but the reality is, the jukeboxes are an incredible courtesy that 64 guitars invented. To get the jukeboxes to work,supporting other sites is ridiculously complex.
888888*****************
as a relative new comer on here... I must say I love the jukeboxes....so good on ya 64....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Zoltan

I agree with this! I've been thinking about this (while spamming songs constantly :)). For me it's not necessarily about getting comments, but more like not constantly upping my own ditties higher on the forums. I'm going to try to become lazier, and hopefully i'll be able to post better songs in the future!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper