Another Slicer Track

Started by bruno, February 20, 2012, 04:13:16 PM

bruno

Track 50 - Slicer mark 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one is actually all guitar and the slicer. Makes some cool sounds.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SharksDontSleep

Interesting. There's a slicer effect on my Zoom G3.
Not sure I can do it as much justice as you have with yours, but after this I might give it a go :)

bruno

Hi SharksDontSleep,
The ah-ha moment for me with the slicer is to sync it with the drum machine - with the Boss SL it has a midi in, so can sync it with the Boss BR-1600 drum machine and loops. I'm guessing with the G3 you can do the same - or dial in the tempo digitally. Sync'ing really brings it to life.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ferryman

Cool! I had a Slicer but sold it as I just didn't get on with it. This sounds great, really nice atmospheric feel and very good idea to sync it to the drums. What's the bass? That's really nice as well. Will check out your other stuff like this when I get time.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Super cool, Bruno! Reminiscent of some of the Fripp-Eno-Byrne-Summers adjacent stuff from the late 80's.

I only heard of slicers recently – thanks to internet attention extraction algorithms. BUT I DON'T WANT ONE. (Not much, anyway.)

Blackout Bump - week of 18 February, 2012
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac