a thousand days of yesterdays (time since come and gone) - captain beyond cover

Started by phantasm777, February 17, 2012, 03:22:38 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: OsCKilO on February 27, 2012, 04:34:04 PMMy phone won't read the flash player so can't listen.

Can you post the link please bro.

Tip: If you click Quote on any message that uses the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] player, you can see the URL of the MP3 and copy & paste it into your web browser so you can listen to it or download it without needing the flash player. Although, I'm not sure how easy it is to copy & paste on a phone.

Hmm... I've just had an idea. Maybe I could modify the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags so that they automatically include a link to the MP3 below the player. When I get some time, I'll look into that.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 27, 2012, 04:46:23 PM
Quote from: OsCKilO on February 27, 2012, 04:34:04 PMMy phone won't read the flash player so can't listen.

Can you post the link please bro.

Tip: If you click Quote on any message that uses the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] player, you can see the URL of the MP3 and copy & paste it into your web browser so you can listen to it or download it without needing the flash player. Although, I'm not sure how easy it is to copy & paste on a phone.

Hmm... I've just had an idea. Maybe I could modify the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags so that they automatically include a link to the MP3 below the player. When I get some time, I'll look into that.

Oh yes oh yes please!! I`m even wishing i could just download songs straight to my Iphone. Is there a way maybe?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Sorry to stomp your song with that message Phantasm. I did listen to this song before i was off this morn and wow, i thought i never heard of this, but i actually have and you did a wicked job man! KUDOS!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

phantasm777

thanks it was fun and kind of a long time dream to do it.
64 - sounds like a good idea having a direct link for those who link outside of SC. or have another icon for people like me to add it inbetween the [] [] since i gotta paste it so it gets in the player, might as well have another button and paste it into that for direct link?

64Guitars

Quote from: phantasm777 on February 27, 2012, 04:59:31 PM64 - sounds like a good idea having a direct link for those who link outside of SC. or have another icon for people like me to add it inbetween the [] [] since i gotta paste it so it gets in the player, might as well have another button and paste it into that for direct link?

You can already include the link if you want to. Just click the Insert Hyperlink button above the message editor to insert a pair of [url][/url] tags into your message. Then paste the URL of the MP3 between the tags.

Optionally, you can add an equal sign in the opening tag and paste the URL their instead. Then you can type plain text ("Download this song", for example) between the tags or insert an image. For example, here's a Download button image that's linked to your song.

Click Quote if you want to see my code for that.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

phantasm777

bruno

Hey - just saw this. Great job. I don't know the original, this one completely passed me by - but listened to the original to compare, and would say that you've nailed the essence/feel of the song. That's in 7/8 time, isn't it, 1-2-3-4-1-2-3 :-)

Well done.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

phantasm777

i think it is ( i never consciously pay attention to the timing as far as counting, i go with the feel) and by the way the chords on this one involed 4 fingers including pinky. but if i were to do leads i never use my pinky, also dont on bass.

launched

I really liked the song before I heard the original, loved your vocal mike configuration. Sounds earthy and mellow, very good!

Took time to listen to the original, and I am now a Captain Beyond fan - Thanks!

Killer tune, well done!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover