The "Pink Floyd Experience" cover band

Started by peterp, February 11, 2012, 10:52:45 PM

peterp

Just got back from seeing the "Pink Floyd Experience" http://thepinkfloydexperience.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXHSRKqVIBs

Not a bad cover band to listen too, they did the show in one really long set that ran 1 hour and 45 minutes.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Ferryman

Saw the originals I am afraid on the Dark Side of the Moon tour with the plane crashing into the stage (Wembley IIRC). Can't beat that...... (smug look).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Good stuff, the lead guitarist is right on isn't he.  A very good, spot on, cover band for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnIxRKOenc

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

Just sat here listening to my original vinyl LP Dark Side of the Moon , 1972-1973, on an Acoustic Research The Turntable deck , which i bought in 1983 , through my studio monitors , with a glass of Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2005 , waiting for my usual Sunday Roast dinner with my family , don't get much better

Robbie Burns

It

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Flash Harry

^^ envious. The older I get, the more the simple things get me.

Floyd - what ever way - it's fab.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

peterp

I used to have all the original LP's, bought them as they came out.
Unfortunately they along with about 300 other albums melted when my brotherinlaw fell asleep with a "specially" modified ciggie in his mouth back in the 80's.
Setting fire to his couch.

Only real damage was his new speakers, the couch and my records :/
That and a wet mess to clean up.

The CD replacements are just not the same :(

Quote from: facemask93 on February 12, 2012, 08:21:07 AMJust sat here listening to my original vinyl LP Dark Side of the Moon , 1972-1973

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

peterp

Ain't that the truth!

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 12, 2012, 04:07:35 PM^^ envious. The older I get, the more the simple things get me.

Floyd - what ever way - it's fab.

Ferryman, Yes those were the great shows to see back then!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Not sure if I mentioned it before but if you get the chance, take a look at The Aussie Floyd tribute band. I've seen them four times now and they never fail to amaze. There is now an offshoot from that band called Brit Floyd who I'm going to see in March and hopefully the quality will be just as high............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800