"Mother Goose" by Jethro Tull

Started by Blooby, February 05, 2012, 08:04:27 PM

Blooby

John and I were practicing a couple hours ago. Here is some Tull off the Aqualung album. It needs tightening up, but I always liked this tune.

Blooby

It's hosted at a Google site, so if the player doesn't work, the download button should.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Greeny

Player didn't work for me, so I downloaded it. Very glad I did, lol.

Absolutely sublime playing. Not many guitarists could pull this off so fluently and with such feeling. But 'ol Blooby can! I do (secretly) like this era of Tull, and this is a masterful cover. John's vox are stellar too.

Such a great listen! How do you do it?!

Geir

ditto what Tim said !!

This is really fabulous. Hope this is added to your live set and that we also will get a live recording of this eventually ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hooper

Have had this song stuck in my head since first listen earlier this morning. I saw JT do it in Fall of '71.  Certainly not an easy song to play or sing... almost seems like it would be harder (with the timing) if the guitarist and singer were not the same person.  I would have guessed this recording was one person playing live if you hadn't told otherwise. Very nice performance!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

lg

Tull is music we don't often hear covered....
Nice job Blooby!
Piepod for further review....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

64Guitars

Excellent, Blooby! I like just about anything by Jethro Tull. I have quite a few of their albums, including the 25th Anniversary box set which I won in a contest and an autographed copy of Nightcap. You guys seem well-suited to Tull songs. You should maybe try a couple more.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Vaisvil

I've been working on this - and you two have put me to shame - excellent cover!

Blooby

Thanks for your kind words. We are brainstorming more potential Tull, maybe "Skating Away," the first section of "Thick as a Brick," "Wondr'ng Aloud," "Teacher (with looper)," and I'd like to try "One Brown Mouse."  We'll see.

So many tunes...  So little time.

Blooby

Geir

Skating away !!! yes please !!! or one brown mouse !!! two of my favourite tull songs !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........