First Posting

Started by Tramway, January 17, 2009, 06:24:41 AM

Tramway

POISON
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Got a Micro BR for Christmas.  Brilliant machine but took this long to work out how to use it.  First song ever written and recorded. Working title is 'Poison Arrow'.  Hopefully the beginning of a new journey.  Think I need to work on improving vocals this year.

Tramway

Bluesberry

Great song for the first one.  Instrumentally it is pretty much perfect, and nicely mixed.  Vocally you have that late night, one too many tequila quality.  I just started singing last year and I was pretty rough (hard to keep in key, wavering in/out), but I just keep on doing it ( I don't care what my wife says, I keep belting them out at home every chance I get) and it keeps getting better with practice.  I am almost starting to like my voice now.  Keep on singing.  Lyrics are great also.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

mr2kewl

welcome to the site with your first post. much better than my first. singing is not an easy thing to do - keep at it and your vocals will no doubt improve. my first and only attempt at singing was back in '78 when i tried out for a friend of mines band. got stopped a 1/4 of the way through the Eagles song "New Kid in Town" and was promptly offered the job of running the sounds and lights.  ;D

markr
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Flash Harry

What a fantastic first post.
The instrumentation and production are really very impressive.

at the risk of sounding critical (and I have no moral grounds for saying this, my singing is appaling) you have to work on your tuning. The style and voice is fine, Bob Dylan and Lou Reed are two performers that spring to mind listening to you style wise. Neither of them can hit a note accurately every time but it doesn't matter. You just need to get your accuracy up a bit, to say 90% and you will have a winner.

This music is more real and far more preferable to the churned out garbage that the musac factories produce.

Practice, practice, practice. You will get there.

I really like this song. A bit more work will make it a great piece of work. Congratulations and welcome to the board.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

knniggits

Nice work. You can certainly write a good tune.  ;D
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

SteveG

Nice song mate, your voice is fine, you just need to be a bit more precise like the guys said. Hell, most of us need more practice in that department, apart from the lucky few gifted with an actual voice. (Bastards). I would remix too as the bass is very boomy in my cans ... compress it and cut the low frequencies, its easy to do on the MBR. Class first post tho!

Greeny

You've definitely got the hang of the BR! That's incredibly accomplished for a first post. The music and songwriting is just wonderful, and I'll echo the previous comments on the vocals. But to be honest, to sing something like you mean it is more important than technical ability. Nice work!  :)