Having fun with my new Bass.

Started by indierik, January 14, 2009, 04:29:59 PM

indierik

ADB_V2_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is another song I started last night, and finished today. It's very simple and very chill. I got a bass guitar for Christmas this year (my first) and am having a lot of fun learning how to playing it. The bass riff inspired the song.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Pedro

Now you would have to press the right button on the MP3 attachment link, choose copy URL or just copy, and then on the post, press Modify and between the MP3 tags [mp3=200,20,0,center]HERE[/mp3] you would press the right button of the mouse, where it says here and paste the URL. I already did that, but you can redo it if you want.

This is very good stuff, reminds me of Sonic Youth. I could listen to this all day long.

mr2kewl

very cool sound. what kind of bass did you get?
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

SteveG

Nice tune, liked the way it built up. Aint bass fun? Cant play mine worth a damm, but fun trying.

indierik

Quote from: mr2cool on January 14, 2009, 05:38:49 PMvery cool sound. what kind of bass did you get?

Thanks! It's a bit rough around the edges but I'm pretty happy with it.

I got a Epiphone, it's an entry level bass, but it's a start and it plays pretty well actually, although I don't have much to compare it with. I've been playing guitar for years and thought this instrument would fairly easy to pick up, boy was I wrong. The one thing I've noticed about the bass is how "instrumental" it is in leading into changes, even more so than the guitar.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

indierik

Quote from: admin on January 14, 2009, 05:28:47 PMNow you would have to press the right button on the MP3 attachment link, choose copy URL or just copy, and then on the post, press Modify and between the MP3 tags [mp3=200,20,0,center]HERE[/mp3] you would press the right button of the mouse, where it says here and paste the URL. I already did that, but you can redo it if you want.

This is very good stuff, reminds me of Sonic Youth. I could listen to this all day long.

Thank you so much, for you're kind words and your helpful direction on posting my mp3's.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Flash Harry

Welcome to the dark side!

I love playing bass, but like all bassists I try to turn it up too loud.
 ;D

This is so like early post punk, I'm thinking Joy Div / Phil Oakley stuff.

I like it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

PA1N0YA1
Time:
Volume:
hi yall bunged up wi the cald, remy martin no solving my congestion, brain not functioning as normal, so i stuck an old lyric on this one (cheat cheat cheat) naw wait, is an experiment (in my drunken youth i had another theory, that theory being you could sing the lyric to "nobody's child" to any song, it has not to my knowledge yet been disproven/disproved/thingyed), last week used this old bunkbed lyric for a folky song see irish experiment thingy, so i did it again in the style of the velvet underground type thingy, must be the brandy....... however here it is hic........hic............burp
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kody

Wow! Sounds really good! Reminds me of a TV commercial or something- Quality stuff there!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Oldrottenhead

iggy
Time:
Volume:
brandy kicking in mixed a telephone conversation iggy pop had to a radio station about the dear departed ron asheton
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann