Held you

Started by SE, January 14, 2009, 01:24:02 PM

SE

HELD_U2_
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wee romantic song about the other half and me. Still learning BRM few bum notes but still enjoying the process.
Still enjoying all your posts keep up the good work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Kody

Nice origianal tune! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was something right from the "mainstream" musicscene. Nice "sure" voice. Good job!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SE

Thanks a lot, you know when you start something and don,t know where your going. Just go with the flow.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Kody

That is good advice. Because usually when I start something- I get frustrated that it doesn't sound the way I want it to- Then I quit. I'll try to go with the flow now! 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Bluesberry

Your player wasn't working so I put one up.

Man I really like your voice.  Great job, this is a great song.  The go with the flow thing is really good advice.  I am no songwriter expert, I have written a total of 4 songs so far, but each one turned out quite different that what I first had in my head.  I find I get a small idea (chord pattern) and then follow this to where it goes which always surprises me when finished.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Funny how different people take a different approach. I always start with a subject and then add the chords and tune, but it,s true I never know how it,s going to sound in the end.
Thanks for your comments but it,s off to work see you guys later.
recorder
Boss BR-80

SteveG

Sorta sounded like a 2 tone ballad (If you are old enough to remember that music fad) Nice job mate, and well sung too.

Greeny

This is really catchy - that's a nice bit of songwriting you have there, and very well sung. Sounds like the Indie bands I used to listen to in 1983 / 1984 - which is a good thing  :)

SE

Thanks for all your comments, song sounds a bit muddy. first time round the song file was too large to post, mastered and mp3 at 128 but had to change to 64 so file would fit. Bit of technophobe any way round this?
                             Thanks again everbody.
recorder
Boss BR-80