My first effects pedal was...

Started by BossMicroBRew, January 13, 2009, 07:52:07 PM

Bobtail

My first was a Zoom 707 multi -fx - so I hope its ok to vote for Zoom.I got it  on a trip to Singapore where electrical goods are cheap.I was just starting to play guitar so wanted to find out what all the fx were about.

The second one was a digitech "Hotrod" distorion pedal which Ive still got but sounds a bit thin when I try it now.

I've just starting to make my own now and have modded my Crybaby and Big Muff and built the BYOC MXR Dist + and the Overdrive 2.

I now have a stompbox addiction problem ,but only keep 4 or 5 pedals in my daisy chain so not to suck too much tone from guitar and amp.
I've never brought a stompbox for more than $150 yet. :)....I see some on ebay goin for quite a pretty penny now.

Vanncad

My first pedal was an Ampeg Distortion pedal.

I bought it along with a Fender Bandmaster after corn-detassaling all summer (any Southern Ontarions on here will know what that is). Learned my first lead break ("Livin After Midnight" - Judas Priest) on that thing, and my life was changed forever.

Still have the Bandmaster head, but I think the distortion pedal went in a yard sale many moons ago. Maybe it will turn up in a box somehere... someday... ???
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Geiri

My first one was a rack unit. Roland gp 8 which I used in the loop of a peavey special combo. nice delays and verbs

recorder
Boss BR-80