My first effects pedal was...

Started by BossMicroBRew, January 13, 2009, 07:52:07 PM

bruno

Quote from: Geir on July 11, 2012, 12:31:11 AM
Quote from: bruno on July 05, 2012, 04:50:01 PMMy first pedal was a distortion box I built from a circuit in Everyday Electronics. Built on vero-board - bought all the parts in an electronics shop in Edmonton where you gave them the list and they found all the resistors, capacitors and transistors behind the counter. Still have it somewhere in the loft, and it still works :-)
I did the same, I think even it might be the exact same circuit. I think I still have the magazine somewhere, but the stompbox had to give up some of it parts to repair of other stomp-boxes later.
Haha - I may try and find it and record something with it - that would be quite cool!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

Quote from: bruno on July 11, 2012, 01:49:38 AM
Quote from: bruno on July 05, 2012, 04:50:01 PMMy first pedal was a distortion box I built from a circuit in Everyday Electronics. Built on vero-board - bought all the parts in an electronics shop in Edmonton where you gave them the list and they found all the resistors, capacitors and transistors behind the counter. Still have it somewhere in the loft, and it still works :-)
I did the same, I think even it might be the exact same circuit. I think I still have the magazine somewhere, but the stompbox had to give up some of it parts to repair of other stomp-boxes later.
Haha - I may try and find it and record something with it - that would be quite cool!
That would indeed be very cool. As far as I remember it had quite a "fuzzy" tone, or should I say buzzzzzzzzing ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Quote from: Geir on July 11, 2012, 01:54:03 AM
Quote from: bruno on July 11, 2012, 01:49:38 AM
That would indeed be very cool. As far as I remember it had quite a "fuzzy" tone, or should I say buzzzzzzzzing ;D
Yeah - it wasn't a smooth valve overdrive by any stretch of the imagination - but I thought I was Richie Blackmore there for a while  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

A home made fuzz box that got red hot as the time went on, it was worth it because I could play "Keep on Running" by the Spencer Davis band..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

andy casson

Mine was some kind of Echo box, it was all I used for years through a Laney 120w Amp. For the life of me I cannot remember what make/model

Redler

Mine was Korg G3 from the year 1995.

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pete C

My first pedal was a fuzz box which I spotted in a little electrician's shop. Next buy was a Vox compressor which cost me a fortune at the time and didn;t do what I thought it would.  Next buy was 3 Arion pedals mid 80s -  a stereo chorus, flanger and metal master.  Like Boss pedals but cheaper - the chorus was very good and a bit sought after these days from what I've heard. Next step was a Zoom 3030 multi effects.  I bought a modelling amp 10 years ago and since then I've only used the built in effects sparingly and when I was last gigging only used a Dunlop Cry Baby wah with it
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

An Ibanez Phase Shifter:

Not the usual beginners pedal...  :D

I still have it...but haven't used it in ages.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Burtog

Same as many people, Jim dunlop Cry Baby Wah.

Dont have the first one I owned but have an old shell of one in the shed, maybe I should get it repaired??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLRac7d2Tq8

recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Possibly the one - the internet is such a wonderful but strange place ...

recorder
Boss BR-1600