My first effects pedal was...

Started by BossMicroBRew, January 13, 2009, 07:52:07 PM

Flash Harry

I got a zoom 505 and a cry baby for my birthday a few years back. Both good, 505 for versatility and cry baby for construction and doing a single job very well.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bro

Mine was a BOSS DD-3, got it for my birthday. I played it for a while, than i put it away and forgot about it. Later i purchased more pedals and i got in to using it again  :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

steveblues50

my first fuzz box was a christmas gift from my mom in 1969.i believe it was made by ampeg but not positive.i should see if i can find info on what co.s were making them.it was the fuzz on happiness is a warm gun by ..well i think they were a little combo from liverpool ...ah memories.

Tony

Vox Wah. VOX WAH. vox wah. VOX WAH. vox wah.  Ah well, you get the joke.  But my first pedal was a Vox Wah.

64Guitars

Quote from: steveblues50 on January 24, 2009, 04:27:33 AMmy first fuzz box was a christmas gift from my mom in 1969.i believe it was made by ampeg but not positive.i should see if i can find info on what co.s were making them.it was the fuzz on happiness is a warm gun by ..well i think they were a little combo from liverpool ...ah memories.

According to this page, The Beatles used the Maestro Fuzztone, WEM Pep Rush, Vox Tonebender, and Fuzz Face.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

My first pedal was a distortion box I built from a circuit in Everyday Electronics. Built on vero-board - bought all the parts in an electronics shop in Edmonton where you gave them the list and they found all the resistors, capacitors and transistors behind the counter. Still have it somewhere in the loft, and it still works :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

My first effects device wasn't really a pedal. It was an Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Clean Power Booster. I got it about 1970 or so. I still have it around some where but I haven't thought about it in years.  I'm sure it still works because it was simple device that plugged direct to the amps 1/4 in jack and then the guitar chord plugged to it. It's a 9V driven little square silver box with an on switch and gain knob. It looked kind of funny sticking out of the front of the amp. I see that Electro Harmonix re-introduced it a few years back. My second effects was a Maestro Phase Shifter that had two gigantic wheels on the side to control with your foot. I remember one control was called Balls, lol! It's long gone though.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

steelguitar

For me, it was a wah wah pedal from Ibanez (WH10) ... buyed by my brother around 1988... and stolen by me  ;)

It was an excellent pedal, used by John Frusciante of RHCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJ9xnlp83Y

I remember trying to play Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Chile solo with that pedal on my Marshall amp with my Epiphone guitar... ;D

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

peterp

Ibanez FL-301 Flanger I picked up many decades ago, still works.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Geir

Quote from: bruno on July 05, 2012, 04:50:01 PMMy first pedal was a distortion box I built from a circuit in Everyday Electronics. Built on vero-board - bought all the parts in an electronics shop in Edmonton where you gave them the list and they found all the resistors, capacitors and transistors behind the counter. Still have it somewhere in the loft, and it still works :-)
I did the same, I think even it might be the exact same circuit. I think I still have the magazine somewhere, but the stompbox had to give up some of it parts to repair of other stomp-boxes later.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........