My first effects pedal was...

Started by BossMicroBRew, January 13, 2009, 07:52:07 PM

BossMicroBRew

I know there is a lot missing here, but I came up with these on a whim.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

You know me-I was an 80s child! Zoom zoom.

Oh, and I can't forget Dad's hand-me-down Tube screamer!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SteveG

1010 was my first multieffects, but first ever was a Ratt distortion stompbox that for the time kicked ass!

Ferryman

Fuzz Face was my first effects pedal in about 1972. I started playing the electric guitar through an old Bush radio (one of the big wooden-bodied ones) with a pre-amp made by cousin. Kids today have it much easier than we did!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ianjm

Zoom 505ii was mine shit that could get angus coming out of a squier strat. Its still going strong on the pedal board, though mainly used as a compressor now.

Greeny

An italian Bespeco Wah pedal.... and I still have it and use it  :)

I also have a chorus pedal, very retro flanger and an octaver, but they don't really see the light of day now.

I'll have an Ibanez tubescreamer oneday though. Oh yes, it will be mine  :D

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on January 14, 2009, 01:37:42 AMFuzz Face was my first effects pedal in about 1972.

I bought my Fuzz Face in 1974. But my first effects pedal was a Cry Baby wah-wah that I bought in 1970. I still have both of them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Mudhut

Some cheap Frontline Distortion pedal. It fell apart, stick to boss pedals now as they built to last
Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Ferryman

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 14, 2009, 08:58:35 AM
Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on January 14, 2009, 01:37:42 AMFuzz Face was my first effects pedal in about 1972.

I bought my Fuzz Face in 1974. But my first effects pedal was a Cry Baby wah-wah that I bought in 1970. I still have both of them.

A man after my own heart, and probably of a similar age (there's a clue about my age in my user name...). I could never afford a Cry Baby but they are great pedals. Hated the Fuzz Face mind, pperhaps because I only had a fairly crappy amp.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hewhoiscalledj

I think it was my Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. You know, the orange one. Its still on my board although these days, i only use it as a boost to my EH Metal Muff.