AC/DC - 2008/2009 Tour

Started by BossMicroBRew, January 13, 2009, 06:50:40 PM

BossMicroBRew

Well, we're almost 1,300 members strong the last time I checked. So I was wondering who has been to a concert on the current 08-09 AC/DC tour, where you saw them, and what you thought...or anything else about it that you want to say!! Or, if you haven't been yet, do you have tickets?!

I saw them in Fort Lauderdale, FL on December 20, 2008. It was a great show from the floor. I won't give away too many details, but Rosie now has a special feature. I brought earplugs, but I didn't wear them. I am sure I will regret that when I am 50 and have to turn my amp up to 11...

"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

ianjm

Sore subject about ac/dc tickets (see my thread)

http://microrecorders.org/community/off-topic/ac-dc-tickets/0/

So I will have my CDs on when they are on stage and raise a tinny to the fact that Im so pissed off about the whole thing.

I even sent the government a letter of complaint about ticket sales and got a reply from the minister of arts & culture. Usual bullshit, but it got everything off my chest.....

Anyway best gig Ive ever been to is either Bowie or alice cooper.  A mix I know Im mainly a hard rock fan but Bowie is just a god and I waited 25 years for the gig...

BossMicroBRew

Sorry to hear about the misfortunes, in that regard. You would not believe the hoops I had to jump through, on this side of the pond, with Ticketmaster to get my tickets correct. When the online sales started, Ticketmaster's purchase threshold system was ineffective. Within 4 minutes, all seats were sold out up to the top level of the arena. Later that day, they canceled thousands of orders due to over purchasing. Thus, I was able to get my nosebleed seats changed to floor. Ticketmaster did apologize and confirm the story, saying it had been a major problem that day...but not to get off-topic.

Anyway, a band called "The Answer" opened the show. I think they said they were from Belfast and had a pretty heavy tour schedule booked with AC/DC. I guess they have been around for 8 years or so, but I had never heard them. The lead singer almost reminded me of Nazareth.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Mudhut

Glad you enjoyed the show. Saw them at Donnington Monsters of Rock 81. Fantasic. I couldn't get tickets for this tour  :(
Keep on rocking in the free world :)