vocoder/autotune

Started by beleg, January 13, 2009, 11:41:25 AM

beleg

I am thinking about buying a vocoder/auto tune pedal to help me out with my vocals and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions of what I should get.  Thanks.

64Guitars

Maybe you should have bought a BR-600 instead of the Micro BR. The BR-600 has a vocal pitch correction effect built-in. You just record your vocal track normally, then play it back through the pitch corrector and record the corrected vocal to another v-track. See pages 123 to 129 of the BR-600 manual. I've never tried it, so I can't say how well it works.

I believe that TC-Helicon offers some pitch correction products for vocals. DigiTech also has a couple of products that include pitch correction, however their main purpose seems to be for adding vocal harmonies. Again, I have no experience with these products, so I can't say how useful they might be.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Just noticed this new addition to the DigiTech line and thought you might be interested.

I read that it's expected to be available in the UK in March 2009 for £299 inc VAT.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveG

Waves do a pitch correction VST that you can use in a DAW.

beleg

Steve,
            Yeah I have some stuff on my computer, but I am looking for something I can just use with the BR. I find that if I have to turn my computer on, then I only spend about half the amount of time actually playing music as I do when I just sit down with the BR.

Nice find. A friend of mine is at NAMM right now. I will text him and ask him to check it out.