BR900 "40 Miles Away"

Started by Kody, January 13, 2009, 10:16:43 AM

Kody

40 Miles Away Edit 1 Export 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Any drummers out there? I wrote this song and started recording it a while ago, but it never got finished.  My brother is an awesome drummer, but never has time to record(he just had twins.....well.....his wife did). Anyways, If someone wants to throw some drums on it please be my guest. It also needs bass, so go ahead someone. Please keep in mind that the song is not yet complete ;D

Oh, and if there's any geniuses who could program a drum machine for this- I would have to search a little, but I could probably find the BPMs I used for the click track- if that would help. ;)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

hardlock

Hey Kody, very nice tune!  ;D

Wish I had my midi or accoustic drums set up to play live for you.  I just got a BR-600 which has the drum pads that can be programmed but haven't played with them yet. 

Otherwise if you can dig up the BPM I can program something simple on the MBR for it when I get some time.  ;)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Kody

Hey Thanks Ken!  Okay,  I used a 4/4 click at 117 BPM, and for some reason I came in on the 4th beat on the first measure insted of the first. I don't know if that matters though. Oh, and don't worry if you pull a me and decide to backout.lol. I'll understand. If you can get around to it- that would be cool- if not........still cool!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

hardlock

40MILES&
Time:
Volume:
Here's my first crack at it.  It's not the same way I'd do it if played live but it's something to start with.

I had to offset the track a click to better match the rhythm.  Also the origonal mix has problems with volume changes making it hard to find a good level for the rhythm w/o changing it on the fly.

If you have the individual tracks (or even the BRO song file maybe) I could remix it for you to level it out.  I tried different mastering effects but settled on the fardistant one BTW.

Also, I took the liberty to add a guitar part at the end just for fun.  What it really needs is a bass part.  8)

Great tune!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Kody

Hah! Thanks for taking the time to do that man! Yeah the levels ARE out of whack- and I do have the individuals tracks- so anything's possible ;)
If I could suggest one thing- it would be to have the drums at cut time (1/2 time) -you know- to make it more "ballady".

What you've done is way better than anything I could have done-and I appreciate it 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SteveG

I downloaded this to have a go at the drums, but Muzies (DAW I am using at the mo) dont seem to want to let me, and I have removed Cubase to save HD space :( Good job as it turns out, as it would not have been this good! Was a great song to start with, even better now! My bass is in the bedroom where she who must not be disturbed is akip so cant have a go at that now, hopefully the same thing will happen lol! Flash Harry?

Flash Harry

for some reason I can't download the file. Must be my cronky old computer. Bag o' shyte as Paul Calf would say.

Shame

My fingers aren't burning quite enough yet. I could do with a bit more practice.... ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hardlock

40MILES1
Time:
Volume:
Here's the re-done rhythm.  Interesting that I had to set the count at 1/2 speed (58.5) for it to work as requested.  Even the ballad patch didn't work at 117.  This caused all my edits to be completely off so started from stratch.  Sounds much better now I think.  ;D

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

64Guitars

Nice work guys. It reminds me of the band Creed.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BossMicroBRew

You guys definitely blew this one out of the water. Really great sound going on here, awesome work.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton