BR900 "Thank You"

Started by Kody, January 12, 2009, 05:46:51 PM

Kody

Thank you
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a song written and performed by Zakk Wylde on the ''Book of Shadows" album. Zakk is one of my favorite guitarists. This is my "much crappier" version. I screwed up a couple times and my voice goes pretty flat on the second chorus. This sounds alright at my house, but I 've noticed it sounds terrible on cheaper computer speakers-Way too much reverb and such....... Please enjoy!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

BossMicroBRew

Once again, great post!!  Acoustic and vocals all sound AOK on these speakers.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Glenn Mitchell

Very cool! thanks.
Haunting. Nice tones, playing and vox. Very clear product. they sound fine on my speakers too.
If anything,  I'd remix the balance a bit to bring up the vox.
Some harmonies maybe?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Kody

Thanks!.....

I recorded this one with one mic to capture both the guitar and voice.  I like doing it that way because it's easy, but then you can't go back and adjust the levels if you want to, which is the bad part.  I'm gonna have to start doing two takes maybe. Thanks for the feedback.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SteveG

Sounds great to me, especially for a live take. really nice sound you get here, what mike did you use?

Kody

It's a MXL 990 I got at Musiciansfriend.com for $59- I not sure what that is in Wales, but here, it's dirt cheap for a large diaphram condenser.  I didn't expect it to be as nice as it is. I'm really happy with it's overall construction. I would definately purchase another MXL. It even came with the shockmount and case!

Thanks for listening man!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

BossMicroBRew

I have the same MXL 990 mic from MF.  I haven't used it very much for recording yet,  but it definitely sounds great and you cannot beat the price.  :o
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

bydle

I love this album and this song. Well done! I enjoyed your playing a lot!

Bluesberry

Sounds really good for live/one take.  Just for fun try a song using a few tracks and then mix it as you like, great fun. V tracks are your friend.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

Yeah, I really should take advantage of having all those tracks. My Br900 has 64 Vtracks. Endless possibilities..........?! Thanks!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One