Stepping Stone - Stepping Stone

Started by Gnasty, January 31, 2012, 09:25:28 PM

cuthbert

Wow! Incredibly tight and organic sounding - loved the little breakouts, the interlocked vocals and  all that shredding.

Stunning bit of work, gents!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Fan-rocking-tastic...energised excellence what a great rocking vocal...with a hell of sound backing it....loved it ...Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys... this one was a real pleasure... a tad over my skill level... but I managed. Also there is a bit of celebrety on this track. I had a friend of mine who is a pro soccer player who last year played for the LA Blues (Semi Pro)... He was is originally from Cuba and moved to the states to persue his dream and is having a rough go of it. He has played with the best to include Beckham...and I understand he is a household name in Cuba... His name is Yeniel and he's a hell of a guy. I was laying the drum track down and he showed up at the man cave to talk and blow off some steam. I asked him if he would like to help me throw down some back up Vox and he gladly accepted... It made his day. He is gonna be floor'd when he here's this...even though he had no idea what he was singing. So this collab has a little Cuba influence in it also.

Thanks guys for all the great comments....Eric... your a real pro... and always make me strive to do better... I'm greatful for that. It's always a pleasure to work with you and Mark... so yes Stepping Stone is alive and well. Can't wait till the next one.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

One more thing... I will be checking this thread often untill I see a post from BB... I can't wait for that. >>>>......>>>>>.....$$$$$@@@@@@ there will be a lot of that I'm sure. LOL.... Luv ya Dave.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

wow wow WOW !!!!!

This is just off the chart good !!!!

I've already made a Stepping Stone folder so you guys better come up with some more songs !!!!

FANBLOODYTASTIC !!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Hey thanks everyone. This was the hardest for me to put together so far. More because i was trying
a little interface software for the leads that threw my wannabe producing skills off. I spent too much
time on it. I liked the last production better.

But it`s on to the next one!

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 31, 2012, 10:06:03 PMIs Stepping Stone just a casual collaboration, or is this the second virtual band to be spawned by Songcrafters? I hope we can look forward to a few albums worth of material from you guys.

YES you can! But don`t expect my fave virtual band, Jemima`s Kite speed and accuracy on our tunes! :)

Quote from: Tony W on February 01, 2012, 07:39:43 AMFuck me running with a pair of scissors!

LMAO! I`ll have to remember that and use it!

Quote from: Geir on February 01, 2012, 10:59:54 AMI've already made a Stepping Stone folder so you guys better come up with some more songs !!!!

Geir ,i always tell everyone you can do everything and anything and now i know it`s true.

You can fold a stepping stone.  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

Excellent tune, bro - Glad I could be a part of it. You did a helluva job and everything sounds awesome!!

When's the next one!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenny B

WOW!!! THIS IS SOME SERIOUS ROCK!!!

You guys sound FANTASTIC!!!

Congrats to the group .... MORE MORE MORE!!!
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I'm slow on the draw......damn work dominating my life lately...........$#@!%^&*...thats what I say..........holy sh&t Gnasty solo action just came on . . . I am going to put on my dirty jean jacket...yeah I know its only -15c out there, but damn guys....the one with the puke stains and rock&roll pins on, yeah I still got it......the Mrs wanted to throw it out many times.....but today is the day....going into work and laying a beating on the first guy who pisses me off....thats how good I feel after listening to this one.......and I haven't even had any coffee yet this morn.......so watch out world.....Stepping Stone has done and got me all fired up proper like.  Your drumming is out of site Rata man, thats a great use of ride there, you just dont hear ride being used properly anymore, I love that sound, really drives the groove. And Mark laying the deepest groove on bass........like two gloves on OJ Simpson.....tight.  Sounds live guys, seriously good recording.  And Eric.....Gnasty......man.....what a song, what a performance, what a solo.  I will be listening to this one all day.........in my puke stained jean jacket.......just try to get in my way today......anbody......I dare ya.............................HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand