sharing song folders for online collaborations.

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 30, 2012, 10:54:25 AM

Oldrottenhead

when i first began collabing, i would run a line out from my pc to my mbrs line in.

then i discovered how to import an mp3 into a song folder.

then i got skydrive and could do the same with wav files.

at some point whilst collabing with launched , i learned how to share a song folder, but we could only send the song folder with the drums programmed, once you started using the tracks the folder got too big. but because everyone was using the same rhythm track it made things easier.

today i am uploading entire songfolders with multiple tracks used to some friends, by winrarring the files and splitting them up into individual files of 49mb. 50 mb being the upload limit on skydrive.

fingers crossed this will work. am also hoping that micro br song folders can be used in the microbr 80 here's hoping.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 30, 2012, 10:54:25 AMam also hoping that micro br song folders can be used in the microbr 80 here's hoping.

The arrangement and effects files are incompatible.

What advantages do you see with sharing folders? Seems inefficient to me. I'd just use WAV files.

If you want to share your drum track and everyone's using the same BR model, you can just send the arrangement file which is quite small (under 20KB).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

probably is inefficient lol.  that said what i have sent is a complete song folder tho not using mbr drums, but has all my recorded tracks and settings etc ie levels panning effects, that can then be dragged into another mbr sd card, can be remixed with a fresh pair of ears, added to, whatever, i think it offers a lot of possibilities, that just sending individual wav or mp3 files doesnt.

Quote"you can just send the arrangement file which is quite small (under 20KB)."
that's what i was trying to explain regards what i did with launched.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

The biggest problem is TAKE_DAT.BR0 which can easily grow beyond Skydrive's 50MB file upload limit. Make sure you perform a Song Optimize before sending it. Otherwise, it will contain a lot of dead data from deletes, overwrites, etc.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

yeah thats the biggy, on two folders sent that file was over 100mb, hence the need to rar the files.

and good advice re song optimize. songs where done a while ago so cant recall if i  did that or not, tho 9 times out of 10 i always optimize before mastering, so a good chance they are optimized, will feedback later if this process works.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann