Same Old Same Old Blues (original song)

Started by Bluesberry, January 11, 2009, 06:38:25 PM

Bluesberry

Same Old Same Old Blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was in a blues mood this weekend so I decided to write my first blues song.  I call it Same Old, Same Old Blues.  It was all done on the MicroBr.  I got the bass pattern off my Fender GDec30 and did the rest myself.  Have a listen and leave comments. Thanks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

First time I played this I got a weird reverby quiet sort of sound. Was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing" when the vocal came in, distorted, very quiet and waaaaaaaay back in the mix. Ahhhh ... problem with the player  :o Restarted and it sounded much better  ;D Nicely done, all round great job basically. Do more blues!!!!

troy6120

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

great licks,love the song.great playing
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

bydle

Very nice tune.
It seems like your lead guitar is out of tune. Also I would add some more reverb to all tracks and the rythm guitars are to quiet for me.
I think if you would redo mix it could sound much better.

I like the fade-out effect. Did you made in on MBR too?? How can I do that?

Bluesberry

Thanks bydle for the great feedback.  I agree with you about the rythm guitar being too quiet.  It is very hard to mix and get all levels just right, a real talent in itself.  The rythm guitar was done in the first four Vtracks with bass and keys, bounced to 12V2, voice added to the remaining two and bounced again to 12V3.  Lead guitar added and finally mastered.  I am always shy about my vocals and have a habit of leaving the voice too low in the mix, so I think I overcompensated by leaving the rythm guitar too low during the first bounce.  Also I never know how much reverb to add.  I am pretty sure I tuned the guitar before recording, but mayby I forgot.  All in all great comments, thanks, it will give me something to think about.

As far as the fade out, when you are mastering you can play around with things like panning, volume, effects and it records it as you fiddle.  For the fade out I pressed the utility button to get master volume and dialed it down from 100 to 0 during the last couple of bars.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Love it. Some cracking blues licks and kiss-ass lead playing! Thanks for posting - we can never have enough of this kind of stuff!

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: bydle on January 13, 2009, 08:08:21 AMI like the fade-out effect. Did you made in on MBR too?? How can I do that?

I've been wondering about that too.  I would assume the BR does.  I haven't got that far yet though. (still learning the power button)  Anyone??

Nice work, by the way.  Post some more slow blues stuff if ya got it!

"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

bydle

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 13, 2009, 09:27:05 AMI am always shy about my vocals and have a habit of leaving the voice too low in the mix, so I think I overcompensated by leaving the rythm guitar too low during the first bounce.  Also I never know how much reverb to add.  I am pretty sure I tuned the guitar before recording, but mayby I forgot.  All in all great comments, thanks, it will give me something to think about.

I have the same problem with vocals so don't worry ;)

For tuning problems try to check this article
http://www.endino.com/archive/tuningnightmares.html
It really helped me to hear things I didn't care about before. I think it has a big influence on how the song sounds at the end.
Well, I still can't hear everything but I try :)

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 13, 2009, 09:27:05 AMAs far as the fade out, when you are mastering you can play around with things like panning, volume, effects and it records it as you fiddle.  For the fade out I pressed the utility button to get master volume and dialed it down from 100 to 0 during the last couple of bars.

So it's a manual effect! Great and simple!
I'm still a begginer if it is about using MBR but I would never thought about it.

Anyway, great work you have done!