'Mary Rose' ... my first song on uke and iPhone!

Started by Greeny, January 27, 2012, 05:47:57 AM

Ferryman

Very cool Tim, this works really well. Nice combo of orchestral instruments and uke, the ThumbJam stuff sounds really good. My son has an iPod and got Nanostudio on it, which is amazing. I was sorely tempted but decided not to get one, but might borrow his as this sounds so good!

Love the lyrics (those I can make out anyway) and the subject matter. Great idea for a song and wonderfully creative arrangement.

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

Very, very, VERY good.

The song and the general sound are quite OK, but what here is stunning is the *natural*way you use the new technology. Perfect! This is the way I prefer.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

henwrench

I hate you.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

Oh yes Tim, i too have been afflicted with uke gas of late....
You certainly have got a firm handle on it!
I love this concept of the song, your vox is exquisite as we here
have become expectant of...., and I simply love the way you've
used the cello in this!!!
Piepod

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

Tim! I'm loving this one. The Uke sounds great and well tamed. I tried one of those things the other day and it didn't quite sound like what you've recorded ;D

Well done, very cool bro!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Flash Harry

Welcome back Tim!

It's a Green Monday for me, having been away for a week. What a return! Triumph!

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Nelson on January 27, 2012, 08:11:39 PMAre the chords on the Uke simular to the chords on the mandolin?

Nothing like I'm afraid. Less familiar than a mando, and the uke's tuning means it feels a bit odd, chord-wise. I basically made these chord shapes up (and wrote them down afterwards...), but I hope to get a few basic ones programmed into my head eventually.

andy casson

this is very cool, and I am really impressed you did this with an App - also love the sound of the Uke..maybe oneday!

great song
andy

Hook

Gier just posted this on another thread but the uke is somewhat similar to the guitar. It's like playing capo 5th fret without the low E and A strings. So a D chord on the Uke is a G. It's not like every chord since is the same shape as guitar but it can help you figure your way around it you know your guitar neck well. I do not, so there are some chord charts available if you search google images, copy and print!
Great song brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

OsCKilO

Holy Fuck....

This is Amazing!

That TAXI lot would spooge their pants if they heard this!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy