'Mary Rose' ... my first song on uke and iPhone!

Started by Greeny, January 27, 2012, 05:47:57 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Mary Rose
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My first uke composition, enhanced with cello, string ensemble, trumpet and flute via the ThumbJam App. All recorded on the MBR. Just a simple little strum-along.

The song is about Henry VIII's Mary Rose ship that sank in Portsmouth harbour. Tele Savalas reminded me about it recently, lol.

I've fallen in love with the uke! And it looks like I'm not the only one on here. I blame henwrench, lol  :D

I have the 'Les Paul' type of Mahalo...

Oldrottenhead

giving me gas greeny want one o those ukes looks cool as. loving the thumb jam app had a shot of tharek's need to move into the 21st century and get one o them too.

bloody magic, getting that crowded house feel from you hear especially now there is a uke in the mix.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Great song, the quality of those sounds from your iphone is quite amazing! There better than most synth sounds and your arrangement here is really impressive. When you use your phone how do you connect to your MBR?
Your Uke looks and sounds awesome, mines just plain and cheap...I'm coveting again!
Great job Greeny, glad your back!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Quote from: Hook on January 27, 2012, 06:24:58 AMWhen you use your phone how do you connect to your MBR?

Just a jack-to-jack lead from the headphone socket of the iPhone into the Line-in on the MBR. Simple!

The tricky thing with Thumbjam is that you need to choose the key the instruments are in (before you can get a tuneful accompaniament). I just do it by instinct / ear, but I'm sure there are people who understand this kind of thing a lot better.

Finally - I can put down the orchestral scores that have been in my head since I was a kid!

Geir

Now, this will be a good year !! Greeny's got a string-quartet on his hands !!

Stunning Tim ! Really beautiful. .... really amazingly beautiful !!!!!

piPod bound for sure !!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Burtog

AArrggghhh!!

Can't listen 'til I get home, work you see. Will do later tho.

Still think we should have a festival for Mandolin/Uke Banjo.

MANJOLELE fest!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

Beauty song Tim! Tharek the thumbjam man told me to get that app and I`ll be downloading soon.

He used it amazing and now hearing yours i know it works well. Excellent sounds.
That uke looks and sounds great too!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

Quote from: Gnasty on January 27, 2012, 07:06:26 AMTharek the thumbjam man told me to get that app and I`ll be downloading soon.

I saw Tharek using it when we all met last Summer. I've been hankering after it ever since. It's taken this long to end my current phone contract and get the requisite upgrade!

I'm quite pleased at having Streetfighter II on my phone too... lol

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI'm quite pleased at having Streetfighter II on my phone too... lol
that's it im sold on an iphone.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 27, 2012, 08:31:20 AM
QuoteI'm quite pleased at having Streetfighter II on my phone too... lol
that's it im sold on an iphone.

It's 80's arcade-perfect! In every sound and detail. Deep joy, lol.