Your New Flat

Started by ODH, January 24, 2012, 12:24:12 PM

ODH

14 Your New Flat (Orig)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song I recorded back in about 1996.  It came up on my iPod and I thought it deserved an airing.  The recording is more or less improvised and captured in one take (would qualify for the LITR fest).

I went on to do a more electro / disco version, this one has an honesty about though.

It's the tale of a angsty early 30-something whose girlfriend has dumped him...

If you're not a fan of swear words, look away now.  There's only one in it, but it comes up a few times.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

thetworegs

Like it ....got a Lennon vibe going on for me on the vocal.....good one

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

Quote from: thetworegs on January 24, 2012, 02:21:54 PMLike it ....got a Lennon vibe going on for me on the vocal.....good one
Ditto that !

I like this !  A lot !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

This is so raw it's both compelling, and slightly voyeuristic to hear.

A couple of months ago I met some friends at a sports bar in Phoenix. When I arrived, there was a woman screaming hysterically into a cell phone, apparently in a moment of crisis in her relationship with the person on the other side of the call. This has that feeling to it, but set to music.

And by all of that, I mean to say I like it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

i get a jarvis cocker vibe from the vocals here, nice one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 25, 2012, 03:22:40 AMi get a jarvis cocker vibe from the vocals here, nice one.
Rumbled.  I was big into Pulp at the time.  This song is mainly influenced by Pulp and a band called Marion.  You can often tell what I was listenning to at the time in my music.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Redler

Great post, nick! I got Jarvis Cocker vibe, too...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

I also got that Jarvis vibe, can see the influence but the angry guitar work and aggressive chords make it quite unique. Good work!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi Nick, nice one, not sure that I would have enjoyed the disco version but this is a winner..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Yep... I get the Cocker vibe from the vocal. Love the sparse mix and the raw, overdriven guitar tone. Some great chord changes too. Like it a lot, and can't imagine it being bettered by a disco version :-)