Zooey Deschanel can't (and shouldn't) sing

Started by Ted, January 23, 2012, 10:43:46 PM

Gnasty

Quote from: cuthbert on January 24, 2012, 10:06:09 AMI like her style - it's a little loose, but she really knows how to swing her vocals.

Okay, so technically, Zooey may not be the most proficient singer in the world - and I'm sure opera aficionados would consider the vocal talents of entire field of popular music for the last one hundred years to be technically inferior to opera.

That doesn't mean she can't sing...

I was going to refer to opera myself. Can`t stand opera but when i heard this woman at the Olympics
I was overly impressed! She gave me the most goosebumps ever. Especially at the end! She even gave
Bobby Orr tears!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxQNQPJmzrc
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

Quote from: Ted on January 24, 2012, 08:43:45 AMYou fella's must be listening with your eyes -- or through your crotches.

Why didn't I think of that? You're right, I'm wrong, thanks...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Quote from: Tony W on January 24, 2012, 10:57:30 AM
Quote from: Ted on January 24, 2012, 08:43:45 AMYou fella's must be listening with your eyes -- or through your crotches.

Why didn't I think of that? You're right, I'm wrong, thanks...

Stop not being the stereotypical man that you are Tony!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

You`re inspiring me to write a boob song now!  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

Here's your title:

Motorboats and ear pillows

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Burtog

We bought a She & Him album, Volume One, and played those songs in a mix together with the likes of Ingrid Michaelson, The Wailin' Jennys, Michelle Shocked, Cowboy Junkies, Liz Phair, Gillian Welch, and others. Whenever Zooey popped up on the playlist, it was like hearing someone sing Karaoke -- not particularly well.

When I want eye candy, a great voice, and good songwriting all in one package, I go straight for Jenny Lewis:

Pack it up, Zooey.

Weird how you picked an artist that has M Ward (She & Him) as the lead guitarist again?

Or was that intentional?

I like this girls voice too!
recorder
Boss BR-800