What music related item have you recently purchased?

Started by marcus_gloom, January 10, 2009, 02:10:28 AM

marcus_gloom

What music related item have you recently purchased?

I purchased a sunburst Fender Strat Mexico last month, I really like its quality(for its price). Havent used it to record on the MBR though.

I'm planning to buy a cheap bass next month.

BossMicroBRew

I bought an MXR DynaComp a while back that I really like.  Recently, though, a Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer and an MXL 990 mic.

I'd like to get a white Fender Mexican Tele but I don't see that coming anytime soon.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

AlchemyMN

I upgraded to a POD X3 last month - wow - guitar, bass, vocals, everything! 

Also picked up a honey blonde Fender Thinline body for my next project guitar...

Dmann

I just bought 3 things with my christmas bonus :)

Jasmine by Takamine ES450C Quilt Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Phonic Powerpod 740 Plus / S715 PA System

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller

Kody

Ooo I bet that X3s nice. I've had the Podxt for a while, but I would love to upgrade.

The item I most recently purchased- last week-
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

ianjm

Recently bought a vox da5, what an amp. A little 5w cube amp but jesus has it go balls. I got it for jamming at home as my crate gtx65 is too big for house use. This little vox has digital effects built in as well as amp settings, aux in for mp3 backing and a mic inpot. Got it from Sounds live show at the NEC at a bargain price of £60

SteveG

Absolutely bog all as I cant afford it, I get excited about changing the strings! I have a half completed Strat that I really want to finish too. Bloody credit crunch  :(

Greeny

Quote from: Dmann on January 10, 2009, 01:31:17 PMJasmine by Takamine ES450C Quilt Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar

That's a lovely guitar. I've been playing my Takamine electro-acoustic for quite a few years, and it's still my favourite to write songs on. Like a familiar old friend  :)

You did pretty well for Christmas!

Dmann

Ya I did ok :) but then the Jam this last saturday was a nightmare.

1st, My Marshall Head decided to take a dump.. something blew and it wasn't any of the tubes, so pulled out the drummers 1x12 crate amp and got through a couple more songs, then My ADA MP2 preamp blew something... again not the tubes.... WTF !!!!!/cry.

To top it off the volume knob on my ESP Guitar started scratching/cutting out whenever I turned it from 75%-100% :(

So all my stuff is basically DOA in the shop atm, Seems like electronics hate me. Decided to retube my Marshall and get it Biased while in the shop just to keep on top of things - another couple hundred bucks..... I forgot how expensive being a musician was. Still waiting for that Jasmine to be delivered, should be here in the next day or two I hope.

Greeny

That sounds like a nightmare - just what you don't need. Sounds like a dirty pot on the ESP, but I have no idea about amps and valves etc. Not much can go wrong on the Takamine, so maybe that will bring a smile back! Hope so, anyway...  :)