Smokers...

Started by henwrench, January 05, 2012, 01:02:00 PM

fenderbender

AS A LIFE LONG SMOKER -DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES START

IF YOU ARE A SMOKER -FOR KFCs REALLY TRY AND QUIT

I know Ive been joking and taking part in this discussion and I smoke too much-even now I have a ciggie burning in the ashtray beside me !!!!!!
but I have very,very close hand knowledge of what smoking can do
but this is not the time or place for ...........
but my wife is a year gone now --COPD -look it up-
she had not smoked for about 15 years
sorry but if this can maybe help or make one of you pause and think for a minute

--------------------------------
so while we laugh at the anti-smoking adverts please dont even start the odd smoke
or if you are a smoker -its time for hard decisions 
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

lg

I had quite a collection of pipes 20 years ago...
I can't smoke anymore now tho...Wish'd I could tho....
I had a hankering for the vanilla flavored tobacco.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

phantasm777

a gun is a lot quicker .... but seriously, if i were gonna wreck my lungs i would prefer weed! :P

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Gnasty on January 06, 2012, 09:34:48 AM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 05, 2012, 01:11:46 PMi do like the occassional fag my favourite brand being other peoples but don't tell the missus.

I don`t want to know! And i`m sure the Missus doesn`t want to know either!  :D

Are we talking cigarettes or....???

I'm confused now!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

I enjoy the snuff... Have quit smoking for 15 years now. But I do find the chewing community to be a little AC DC!!!

I had a guy bum a dip from me the other day and he proceeded to ask me if I swallow'd.... LOL!!! Just sayin.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

lectric

I quit Feb 64 after diagnosed with pulmnoary fibrosis.  Recently diagnosed with 10 cm adeno carcinoma upper right lung.  Lung Cancer. My vote is no to smoking.,  Chemo is a bitch!    Ted
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

Facemask93

I gave smoking  ( and drugs ) 14 years ago , when i met my second wife , i didn't think anything could stop me smoking , i tried many times over the years , in fact i was still smoking weed with a vengeance up until when we met , i started smoking at the age of 9 years old ( I'm 60 now ) i went through all the fads , ciggies , LSD , pipes , cigars , some of the early brands were Woodbines , Park Drive , Black Cat , Blue Book ( which were a selection of virginia  , havana Egyptian & turkish blends ,Senior Service , Players full Strength
Then on to King Edward Cigars , then pipes , with either tobacco , and or drugs
But the best thing i ever did was

STOP-------------------STOP for good , and never go back , drugs are for mugs , and tobacco kills

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Gave up smoking about 15 years ago when I doing about 60 Marlbough a day. (how did I afford it). Even now I still love the smell of a pipe or a roll up and even after all this time I still feel that if I had one I'd be back on it. I thought snuff movies were illegal day or night...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Pete C

I had a bad cold just before Christmas and couldn't face a cig so decided to have yet another attempt to stop.  I tried electronic cigarettes twice last year but ended up back on the real ones after a few weeks.  Most of the e-cig companies are internet-based but one of the bigger ones Totally Wicked have opened a shop in my home town.  The day before New Years Eve I popped in to see what they had - they let you sample some of the different flavours in the shop.  Compared to the ones I bought before, I came away with a set that gives a good throat-hit like a real cig.  I went to a party on New Years Eve and was thoroughly enjoying 'vaping' as they call it while my friends were on the real ones. Towards the end of the night, my cartridge ran dry and I had a couple of real cigs.  Since then I've been smoking the e-cig when out with friends, at breaks at work and at home and haven't touched a tobacco cigarette for 24 days now and haven't even craved for one.  I've also started using the e-cig less and even been to work for the last 2 days without it.  There's a bit of cash outlay to start off - a decent starter kit is £45 ish but thats only the same as a week's worth of real cigs.  After that it works out much cheaper too.  Really think I'm going to succeed this time.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ferryman

Well, as we have got serious now I can only add my earnest pleas to all of you to stop smoking asap.

My mum collapsed in front of my wife and 2-year old son a few years back, had to be rushed to hospital, was in a coma for 2 weeks and we had to make the decision to turn off the life support machine. All smoking related. She had smoked like a chimney since being young, had cut down to 5 a day in later life but couldn't give up. When she was opened up, the surgeons found all kinds of issues with her heart and lungs caused by smoking. She had many warning signs but these had not been picked up by her GP..

It is a pointless, smelly and unpleasant habit that could kill you and, like us, could cause all kinds of pain for your loved ones. Please try to stop.

Sorry for the heavy post.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR