Confession time!

Started by StevieM, January 09, 2009, 07:13:32 PM

Bounty001

I funadamentally disagree with the tone of the replies in this thread. I feel we should be striving for excellence and not accepting anyone who is anything less than a virtuoso. I believe my virtuosity could be used as such a benchmark, to keep out the mediocre.

In order to support this view, I plan to upload a link to demonstrate the standard we should be willing to accept. At least I will do so once I have managed that tricky C chord!

Seriously, I have been playing for a couple of years and whilst I get a great deal of pleasure out of it, my abilities are very definitely limited but have continued to improve, partly due to help from users such as ourselves, who have offered support.

StevieM

What's a C chord? ;D  I've heard of a G string, anything similar to that??
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

ianjm

Quote from: wooperman on January 20, 2009, 09:25:32 PMOne man's $h!t is another man's hit...
sorry ma.

ooohhh thats a good title for a song.....

Quote from: StevieM on January 21, 2009, 01:59:48 PMWhat's a C chord? ;D  I've heard of a G string, anything similar to that??

are them the things that go up yer bum

StevieM

"ooohhh thats a good title for a song....."
( Don't know how to put things in quotes!)

Oh no, not ANOTHER bloody challenge? ;D Whoops, think there's another one there too. Bugger, and another one!!
Think I'm stopping there, need me medication.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Flash Harry

Quote from: StevieM on January 21, 2009, 02:57:21 PMThink I'm stopping there, need me medication.

It was a queue for drugs.....      ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

mr2kewl

i have to tell you bounty - you got me in the first paragraph.

my first thought; "who let this jag in?" welcome to the site  :D
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

StevieM

Yep, got me too. Not saying what I thought reading the first bit!!
Think you'll fit in well ;D

Wiley

They have another word for a g-string.  I believe it is called a thong.  Bring it on  guys. ::)

Oldrottenhead

elmer fudd thang thome gweat thongs
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StevieM

I was out for a walk, breveing the fresh air, when I saw a crotchety old man who's face struck a chord. I remembered he'd sent me a note some time ago, so I upped the tempo and rushed by.
Quietly strumming to myself,trying to work out the coda, I didn't cee the snare at the edge. An effing bee flew too close, I slipped and landed up flat at the bass of the cleff, just missing some sharp rocks. Gee, I thought I had a broken neck, so fretted for a time, but it was minimal, just had a drumming headache hammering on and off.
Picked myself up out of the discarded pots, found a bridge, "A, that's D thing I need", I said.
I scaled the path with the help of a dog on a lead, felt strung out with the high action. I put my high hat back on, went home to the triplets, who were playing with the band, had some jam on toast, felt  the  blues coming on, so got a  bit pizzicatoed and all that jazz.

There you go, I've just lowered the tone of this thread.