Our songs - let's get it together

Started by bydle, January 09, 2009, 01:30:19 PM

bydle

An idea came to my head whe I was reading some older topics.

I'm not sure to whom write about it so I'll write here - maybe someone will add something interesting.

I was thinking about some place where we could find all our songs listed together and sort them by user that posted them, date of posting etc. - just like the member list we have (in the navigation bar).
Or maybe it would be better to attach the song list to the user profile?
Or maybe both ideas could go together?
Maybe a user could have a possibility which song he choses to list there?
I think it would be a nice feature. Or maybe there is such page but I don't know about it?

I think this would help especially newer users that don't have time to read all those old topics but would like to hear some more music from selected people.

So, what do you think  ???

tkofaith

Sounds like a good idea to me!  I'm guessing it will depend on whether there's server space and someone with the time and talent to make it happen. ;)
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

bydle

Well the songs are already loaded so it will not take additional space I guess?
Unfortunately I know nothing about making such things so I can't help much but if there would be anything I could - here I am!

64Guitars

If you click on SEARCH in the forum's blue menu bar, you'll get the Advanced Search page. Enter "MP3" in the "Search for" field and change the "*" in the "by user" field to the user name you want to search. Under "Options", check the box that says "Show results as messages".

It's not perfect - you may also get some messages that have the word "mp3" in the text but have no attachment. Still, it works reasonably well for most users and should allow you to find all of their songs fairly easily.

At the bottom of the Profile page of each user is a link that says "Show the last posts of this person". I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps Pedro could try to add a similar link below that which says "Show songs posted by this person" (or something like that). It would show all messages by that user which have the "dewplayer" MP3 gadget embedded in them.  Pedro?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bydle

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 09, 2009, 04:20:13 PMAt the bottom of the Profile page of each user is a link that says "Show the last posts of this person". I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps Pedro could try to add a similar link below that which says "Show songs posted by this person" (or something like that). It would show all messages by that user which have the "dewplayer" MP3 gadget embedded in them.  Pedro?

That's what I was thinking about. It would be great!

SteveG

ianjm

Jims profile page will be as big as a phone book.... lol

bydle

As 64Guitars wrote - there could be only a link in a profile.