work in progress

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 27, 2008, 04:58:58 PM

Oldrottenhead

123. the happy cup
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi guys oldrottenheads been busy.

i was messing about with my micro and i thought, lets go monotone. so had a one note bass line and one chord guitar part. keeping it really minimalist, then i dug out lyrics from a song i wrote long ago and radically reworked them. also i have been watching alex harvey on the old grey whistle test, so i thought, lets sing in my true voice non o that midatlantic drawl but a hint of my scottish roots. so basically the tune doesnt have much happening but the vocal/lyric in my humble opinion gives the tune/song a bit of truth, mibbes even some heart.
anyway it is a work in progress the drums are just a loop from micro i think rock 1 v1. so i have to sort that, but what ive done so far is quite pleasing to my ear so feck it , i'll post it. heres the lyric and all feedback is welcome or if you want to add a wee bit go for it..

The happy cup.

"Talking trying to encourage someone to cheer up"

Take a drink
From the happy cup
Just a sip is enough

Take a look
Through the looking glass
Can't you see all the love

Take a card
From this pack of lies
Take a roll of the die

When you smile............
I'm in ecstasy
When you cry
I don't know what to do

Drown your sorrows
In solitude
Wash your hair
In my tears

Take a page
From this stolen book
Try to laugh
In the face of fear

Take a step further forwards
Turn the key in the door

When you smile............
I'm in ecstasy
When you cry
I don't know what to do

I just want you to be
I just want you to be
Happy like me
Happy like me
I just want you to be
I just want you to be
Happy like me
Happy with me

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Beatiful work in progress. Added to my playlist and right up to the top of the Bunkbeds list.

This is an extremely inspiring song, you know.

Can't wait for the final version. You don't need to add much more sounds, I think. Maybe one more guitar and some vocal harmonies. I wouldn't mind putting on some real drums sounds on this one if you wish, I have a real drumkit on my garage.

You have some really strong songwriting skills I can tell you.  ;D

Oldrottenhead

do you want me to post a version without drums for you to play over.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 27, 2008, 06:02:24 PMdo you want me to post a version without drums for you to play over.

Maybe its better that you finish your song first and then think if you want me to play the drums on it. I'm not very good on the drums I must warn you.  ::)

Oldrottenhead

i'll post it anyway , inspiration is drying up maybe a new drumtrack will get my juices flowing again.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 27, 2008, 06:10:57 PMi'll post it anyway , inspiration is drying up maybe a new drumtrack will get my juices flowing again.

OK! I can't jam with it now though, its night here and most people are sleeping.  :D

One day I will soundproof the whole garage, that would be awesome!

Oldrottenhead

123. the happy cup no drums
Time:
Volume:
here it is with no drums at 120 beats per min for anyone who wants to put a drumtrack on it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Oldrottenhead + Drums & barkings
Time:
Volume:
Alright here it is, with really bad tempo and some barkings by my dogs. I'm happy with the sound though, finally found a great way to record drums!

Now I just need to learn how to play them.

Pedro

Quote from: admin on January 28, 2008, 09:18:10 AMAlright here it is, with really bad tempo and some barkings by my dogs. I'm happy with the sound though, finally found a great way to record drums!

Now I just need to learn how to play them.

Now that I heard it again, the drums sounds don't sound so good, in fact they sound quite bad. I really want to find a effect for capturing good drums, I'm using a mastering preset.

guitarhead

I think some bass would sound nice on it, but I don't have one :(