Victim of shopping bargoons

Started by peterp, December 27, 2011, 08:26:46 PM

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 29, 2011, 06:36:17 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on December 28, 2011, 09:14:23 PM"Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Dave
  Spendin' all his money just to fill his man cave
  He went to L&M, though his wife didn't know
  Come back home with a GoldTone banjo

Four-hundred loonies, that is
  CC-100R

Well, the first thing ya know, ol' Dave's in trouble deep
  For strummin' on his banjo while the family's tryin' to sleep
  The wife is on the warpath and she's headed for the cave
  She's got a fryin' pan and she's lookin' for Dave

To whack him, that is
  One lump, or two?"

:D  ;D  :D
Hahahahahaha....that is absolutely priceless 64G-man.  Whoo hoo.....you got it spot on, right down to the frying pan.  I am lucky in that the Mrs doesn't stay mad for too long.  I am going to need a bigger man cave soon.  I had to move some of my stuff up to the attic, I couldn't have everything comfortably set up in my spare bedroom.  I like to have everything ready to go, on stands, plugged in, cables run, etc......you never know when inspiration will strike hard. 

Ha! I'm totally diggin' this thread!

Dave, your man cave hopefully has a fold up bed in it. Just in case you get banished there! That wouldn't be a bad thing, though.. Kind of like sending a modern teenager to his room complete with TV, Wii, cell phone etc!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 28, 2011, 09:14:23 PMNice one BB.  I sense a Stampeders cover coming up....

"Sweeeeeeee ee eee ee eet, sweet city woman
  Oh, my banjo and me, we got a feel for singing, yeah, yeah"

BB, you'll have to get launched to sing that one.  ;)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

By the way, the "Gear Collection" section of your post in Introduce Yourself! needs updating.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

peterp

Went to L&M today to swap the patch cables for the right ones, yay finally I can re-assemble my pedal board.

Wife did not let me out of sight, and I suspect was carrying a cattle prod. :) :P

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Flash Harry

Quote from: peterp on December 30, 2011, 04:11:09 PMWent to L&M today to swap the patch cables for the right ones, yay finally I can re-assemble my pedal board.

Wife did not let me out of sight, and I suspect was carrying a cattle prod. :) :P

LOL - I'm still hiding a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

peterp

Wow that looks like a neat interface!

Quote from: Flash Harry on December 30, 2011, 04:14:17 PMLOL - I'm still hiding a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Bluesberry

how is the BR-800 treating you so far Peter?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

peterp

:) I got it powered up,
Did a factory reset and update the firmware from 1.03 to 1.10.
Stuck in an 8Gb sandisk extreme card (got the extreme version to get the free 1 year of rescue pro)
and have been generally poking at buttons.,, avoided reading the manual so far.

Have a minor issue my monitor speakers have xlr or trs inputs and the br-800 has rca outs so trying to figure out how to connect the two without going through my 8/2 mixer. Will see if rat-shack has any magic adapter that might work.
Am thinking the br-800 might let me work without needing the mixer for multiple mic inputs !

Other than that tis the season of annoying constant visitors/visiting so not getting much time to try to actually record anything.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteOther than that tis the season of annoying constant visitors/visiting so not getting much time to try to actually record anything.
i can relate to that been trying all day to record a vocal, if it's not the door going it's my daughter's (plural) hair dryers going. you would think it was the end of the year or summit.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Sounds like you need a cellar Lads.......Reg....Reg......REG!!!!....sorry love i didn't hear you I had my headphones on....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination