Victim of shopping bargoons

Started by peterp, December 27, 2011, 08:26:46 PM

peterp

Today went to pick up some patch cables from Long&McQuade (bought wrong ones, have to go back again, sigh)
But while there spotted a per-owned BR800 for 199$
Too good to pass up so home it came.

A few days ago on Christmas eve I was out trying to get the patch cables locally, all sold out.
But shop had a pedaltrain pro sc with some chips in the powder coat and crushed velcro rolls, came home for about 1/2 the cost of an undamaged one! Found identical velcro at a fabric shop for 8$, and pedalboard looks like new again.

Now wife doesn't want to let me leave the house unwatched,  ;D don't understand  ??? .

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

peterp

Yes, that is why I grabbed it. :)
As a used item it was tagged for 350$, but for this week "big sales" they dropped it to 199$

Being my ever cynical self
I almost bet they still made a profit at 199$ from what they gave whomever traded it in.

Too many new toys with too many fat manuals, but real men don't read those!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Rata-tat-tat

So are you gonna need additional patch cables now??? I might have to use this excuse all of the time now.

Quote from: peterp on December 27, 2011, 09:21:09 PMToo many new toys with too many fat manuals, but real men don't read those!

Manuals Smanuals... just hit some buttons... preferably the red one.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Bluesberry

Hahahaha......I went out to L&McQuade the other day and came home with a banjo.........I hear you about the wife not wanting you to go out alone for a while.  $400 Canadian for a GoldTone CC-100R.  I just couldn't walk away without it.  now I have to spend some time learning how to play the damn thing.  I am seriously loving playing my new banjo.  different than guitar, but in a really good way.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Nice one BB.  I sense a Stampeders cover coming up....

"Sweeeeeeee ee eee ee eet, sweet city woman
  Oh, my banjo and me, we got a feel for singing, yeah, yeah"

;)

Or how about this one...

"Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Dave
  Spendin' all his money just to fill his man cave
  He went to L&M, though his wife didn't know
  Come back home with a GoldTone banjo

Four-hundred loonies, that is
  CC-100R

Well, the first thing ya know, ol' Dave's in trouble deep
  For strummin' on his banjo while the family's tryin' to sleep
  The wife is on the warpath and she's headed for the cave
  She's got a fryin' pan and she's lookin' for Dave

To whack him, that is
  One lump, or two?"

:D  ;D  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Speed Demon

LOL at the picture!

Dave, where is your man cave? Does it have running water?

Not across the floor! From a faucet.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

peterp

Yep still need to go back to swap the ones I grabbed that had straight connectors instead of right angle connectors.
(and L&M did have a really nice looking digitech whammy pedal on the used table, but I might have to learn the funeral march if I brought anything else home for a while :) )

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on December 28, 2011, 05:48:30 PMSo are you gonna need additional patch cables now??? I might have to use this excuse all of the time now.

Bluesberry  nice one!
now just need a fiddle player and someone with a jug.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: peterp on December 28, 2011, 09:54:57 PM(and L&M did have a really nice looking digitech whammy pedal on the used table, but I might have to learn the funeral march if I brought anything else home for a while :) )

Look for a used expression pedal, or make one, and plug it into your BR-800. It has a pitch-shifter built-in which can be controlled by the expression pedal. See page 75 of the BR-800 manual.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 28, 2011, 09:14:23 PM"Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Dave
  Spendin' all his money just to fill his man cave
  He went to L&M, though his wife didn't know
  Come back home with a GoldTone banjo

Four-hundred loonies, that is
  CC-100R

Well, the first thing ya know, ol' Dave's in trouble deep
  For strummin' on his banjo while the family's tryin' to sleep
  The wife is on the warpath and she's headed for the cave
  She's got a fryin' pan and she's lookin' for Dave

To whack him, that is
  One lump, or two?"

:D  ;D  :D
Hahahahahaha....that is absolutely priceless 64G-man.  Whoo hoo.....you got it spot on, right down to the frying pan.  I am lucky in that the Mrs doesn't stay mad for too long.  I am going to need a bigger man cave soon.  I had to move some of my stuff up to the attic, I couldn't have everything comfortably set up in my spare bedroom.  I like to have everything ready to go, on stands, plugged in, cables run, etc......you never know when inspiration will strike hard.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand